wood 6x9 door pods.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Sealed pods. Stacked wood. These are going in to be able to expand into the storage cavity next to it later. More of a base to start building on with fiberglass later, but it will serve as a small sealed 6x9 pod/enclosure for now. Going on my Jeep Patriot.
BCD3A197-9548-45CF-A3B2-74D3161DAE4D.jpeg

Deff look good. Be a nice bass pod for some 6x9s. Id throw one on a scale to see how much they weigh? Im curious to be honest. Should make any 6x9 or even a plated 6.5 sound fantastic
i will weigh it before I install this morning. The pods ended up being .23 cu ft., which should work ok. Pretty good sounding speakers, even just running them in the door with not enough deadener. I’m excited to hear them in a little bit better install.

i will weigh it before I install this morning. The pods ended up being .23 cu ft., which should work ok. Pretty good sounding speakers, even just running them in the door with not enough deadener. I’m excited to hear them in a little bit better install.
I thought those looked like CDTs. Or PowerBass used make some like those. Ive been thinking about some 6x9s in some doors. If I did it would be a pod to mount and be removed to swapp out speakers from time to time.Man those should sound really deep and clean. What are you powering them with?? Any power other than HU should be great, even 50 watts rms in those pods. LOL

I thought those looked like CDTs. Or PowerBass used make some like those. Ive been thinking about some 6x9s in some doors. If I did it would be a pod to mount and be removed to swapp out speakers from time to time.Man those should sound really deep and clean. What are you powering them with?? Any power other than HU should be great, even 50 watts rms in those pods. LOL
Right now I’m running them at 2 ohms on a Timpano 4 channel class D. Not my favorite amp honestly (it has a loud noise floor), but it does 200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms. I’m running active crossovers with a DSP. The CDTs are paired with soft dome Dayton audio tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...