Fiberglass center console w/ 12"

terra
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Yes
So the project started when a friend of mine wanted some bass in her 02 avalanche. with no extra space in the cabin and not wanting to do a blowthrough, i decided on replacing the center console with a new construction that would hold a 12" and have space for the cupholders. i decided to venture into fiberglass and here's the result.

3/1/08

2 layers done

Still cutting

I got the bottom cut out, the dowel cut, sub ring, and cup holders all made. Tomorrow ill make the frame and begin covering it in cotton spandex. More pics tomorrow

did I notice that you have some of the seats still in, and not protected? are you not concerned about getting resin on them by mistake? Other than that it looks great and keep the pics coming

did I notice that you have some of the seats still in, and not protected? are you not concerned about getting resin on them by mistake? Other than that it looks great and keep the pics coming
i had all the seats out for the first 5 of 7 layers. then we got tired of bolting and unbolting so we simply left them unbolted but moved them back. hard to see in this pics but the seats are about a foot back from where they normally sit.

and ya rev its a fun challenge. first time ever using glass.

yea, fiberlgass is good times, after a couple trial and errors, you can get really good results, you'll surprise yourself. post more pics as u go, good luck.

stayed home sick today and layed in bed so i didnt get much accomplished. tomorrow ill work late getting the frame done. hopefully have it covered by tomorrow night.

ill update in a second..i got the sub frame built but the cupholders are tomorrow

being sick has really slowed me down..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.