Dodge Ram: Box Volume for 2 12" L7s

Participant count
  • Participant list

tj1320
10+ year member

I recently purchased a '98 Dodge Ram Quad Cab and I need to know how much volume I need per sub in a sealed box to get the best results.

I am willing to give up the entire extended cab area and take the back seat completely out if I need to. They are the 2006 models and I will be running them with a 1200 watt JBL amp. I will be downfiring the subs like I did when I had my old Chevy extended cab truck. This will be a daily driver setup and it will not be in any competitions of any kind. I'm looking for a combination of SQ and the ability to get loud as well. SQL I guess.

I read on Kicker's site that the MAX sealed enclosure volume for the 12" models is no more than 2.0 cubic feet. This seems small to me so what would you guys recommend for me? 3.0? 4.0 per sub? If you need any more info to give me an answer, just let me know.

Also, I listen to country, hard rock, and some hip hop every now and then.

Thanks for the response. By "net", I'm assuming you mean the total volume for the two subs? IOW, 2.5-3 cubic feet per sub. If this is right then I should be able to fit that size of a box back there pretty easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.