Fiberglass box building

Participant count
  • Participant list

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
Anyone do their own? Thinking a sealed 10 or dual sealed 10's under the back seat of my Ram. I have never worked with fiberglass before but am willing to give it a shot if it means better sq for less to or a little more $$#!!!! Is it possible to do a 4th order or ??? In fiberglass under a seat? Thinking out loud!!! I need more bass and my truck is not the best candidate for this!!!

I'm not a fan because the finished box is never as rigid as using 100% wood. It might look better and fit odd shapes easier but performance wise it won't be as good as wood.

You want the sub's enclosure to be as close to using 100% concrete as possible. Super hard with zero resonances.

Fiberglass, Kevlar, carbon fiber has a lot of flex to it unless you add plywood or sandwiched core material. You can go very thick with it, then you add weight and a lot of stench.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.