FI Q questions

i run two q 18"s on 2500 watts getting about 1200-1300 each no bp power and they have been taking it like a champ. If you get bp power i bet you could give them well over 1500.
Q's are very musical but it all depends on the enclosure. Sealed would be good, you might like ported tuned a little bit higher. And adding a 3rd magnet would do nothing for power handling.
Thats what I was thinking:confused:

I had the 12 Q in a 1.5 sealed box off 900rms or so and had many problems with it. Think I just got a bad sub myself, but I did sell it to a guy in this thread that is loving it that I believe got it reconed.

My CVX still works like a champ and I pound on it pretty good. Couldn't get my Q to last 2 months with out a problem.

my ears are too picky. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
don't get me wrong though, the Q is a solid performer. it'll get loud and low. it's just not accurate enough for my liking.
Uber SQ head. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I had the 12 Q in a 1.5 sealed box off 900rms or so and had many problems with it. Think I just got a bad sub myself, but I did sell it to a guy in this thread that is loving it that I believe got it reconed.
My CVX still works like a champ and I pound on it pretty good. Couldn't get my Q to last 2 months with out a problem.
I know we have chatted about this before. It really does sound like you got a bad sub. I am glad you found what you were looking for in the CVX though. I am still waiting for someone to bring one to me so I can see how they do. Seems like everyone gets the L7's here.

i should be getting my Q15 soon. ordered it last week. hoping it to slam hard and low. what do you guys recommend for tuning? i was thinkin 4.5cuft @ 28-30

3-5 people didn't like it and all of the sudden people are second guessing getting one. What about the 1,000+ people that own them and have been very satisfied? For the Q's price point and ability to be tailored for little additional cost, you will be very hard pressed to beat it. I have been beating on my 2 standard 12" Q's for over a year now and haven't had one person say anything negative after hearing it. They usually say, "I don't need anything that loud."
If you are an uber SQ guy, like some here are, than you may not like the Q. You will end up spending much more to get a better all around sub and I bet you will be sacrificing output when you do. It depends on what you are willing to spend in relation to the performance you get/desire.

I am not saying the Q is the end all be all of subs. Don't ever think that I would be ignorant enough to post that. I know I am very happy with mine and many others are as well. It seems the same few people that were not satisfied with theirs happen to post more than those that are happy.
Just for the record of "Uber SQ guys" not liking the Q.

Steve Atsbury (sorry if i butchered your name man, my apologies) and Scott Budwala both run the Q's in their IASCA SQ cars, and have nothing but rave reviews of the sub stage. It's not the subs that have the 'SQ' issue. Trust me.

It's either A) The install, or B) (most likely) The user not knowing what they are listening to/for, or it's taken out of context. Or a combination of the two.

Subs are dumb, they quality and accuracy that they perform in is a direct correlation of the quality of the install and the tuning involved.

Doing fantastic in the SQ lanes, it's not the sub my man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Been runing a 15" Q in the GF's car for about 1 1/2 years now. VERY happy with it in 4cubes @ 32hz getting 1k of power. She listens to mostly rock/metal and it blends nicely and has plenty of impact. Can also get low/loud on rap. All around very good sub for the $$$...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.