Fi Q q12" Questions...

basilray
10+ year member

MPLS, MN
I'm looking at getting a 12" Fi Q w/ the BP upgrade and Dual 2 so I can wire it to 1ohm. Thinking of running it sealed. Can I safely run 1200w to it?

I was looking at a HiFonics BXi 1210D to run it.

Also, I know I should do the Big 3 if I'm going to be running anything, but could the big 3 wait until spring even if I put in the amp now? I'm in Minnesota, so getting warm enough weather to do anything is always tough, especially since I don't have a garage.

It will be going in a 2005 Mercury Mariner.

Or does someone else have a better suggestion on the sub or the amp? I'm looking for more tight and accurate bass.

agreed..I ran my Q off a memphis mcd1000.1 and took every bit of it like a champ! You should be fine with 1200, just make sure ya box is built to spec.

So the consensus is that I should be OK running 1200 watts to a sealed Fi Q built to spec w/o immediately upgrading the Big 3?

I took peek under the hood and couldn't even find the alternator!

The best thing about GM Vehichles is that the alternators are always right on top of the engine! Leave it to me to go to Ford.

So the consensus is that I should be OK running 1200 watts to a sealed Fi Q built to spec w/o immediately upgrading the Big 3?I took peek under the hood and couldn't even find the alternator!

The best thing about GM Vehichles is that the alternators are always right on top of the engine! Leave it to me to go to Ford.
well if ur going with the hifonics, u will need to do a big 3;)

well if ur going with the hifonics, u will need to do a big 3;)
I was mainly thinking HiFonics because I wanted to save a few $$$

I'm looking at the AudioQue 1200D that was suggested, and it's not much more expensive.

How much would a Cap help me? Would that help me to go with either amp without doing an immediate Big 3 upgrade? I've never run one before.

I was mainly thinking HiFonics because I wanted to save a few $$$
I'm looking at the AudioQue 1200D that was suggested, and it's not much more expensive.

How much would a Cap help me? Would that help me to go with either amp without doing an immediate Big 3 upgrade? I've never run one before.
it wont, its just a waste of money.

So the consensus is that I should be OK running 1200 watts to a sealed Fi Q built to spec w/o immediately upgrading the Big 3?
I took peek under the hood and couldn't even find the alternator!

Uh, I drive a Ford, and my Alt is right where it should be, on top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ive seen non BP Qs handle that power easily, but I would suggest you do the Big 3, can only help once the amp is in there.

I had 2 18" Q's without BP and they took 3000rms just fine, i would imagine with BP a Q could take 2000rms clean in the right box.
From everything I've ever heard...I would believe that. I just don't need to push that much power. Not trying to impress anyone, just want to add some nice, clean, tight bass.

I'm looking at getting a 12" Fi Q w/ the BP upgrade and Dual 2 so I can wire it to 1ohm. Thinking of running it sealed. Can I safely run 1200w to it?
I was looking at a HiFonics BXi 1210D to run it.

Also, I know I should do the Big 3 if I'm going to be running anything, but could the big 3 wait until spring even if I put in the amp now? I'm in Minnesota, so getting warm enough weather to do anything is always tough, especially since I don't have a garage.

It will be going in a 2005 Mercury Mariner.

Or does someone else have a better suggestion on the sub or the amp? I'm looking for more tight and accurate bass.
1200 should be fine. the big three can wait.

also, i must admit the Q in a sealed box doesnt sound much better than my previous setups with more wattage and ported boxes. meh, it works tho.

1200 should be fine but i would recommend a audioque 1200d because with hifonics u need the strong electrical, i dont know bout AQ though, but IMO AQ is better than hifonics.
Have you used either of these amps to say this?

Because I have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.