Fi Q q12" Questions...

There's a decent deal for a 15" in the classifieds here. Will that give me as tight of a response as a 12"? I'm looking for an answer from someone who's run both the Fi Q 12 and 15.

That, or I could probably finagle getting 2 JL 10w6-v2's from the classifieds. Or maybe 1 12-w7.

I hate options!

That myth about larger woofers not playing as fast or "tight" as smaller woofers is getting pretty old now.

I would go for the Q myself.
indeed it is, and it has already been pretty old.

a Fi Q with BP power added should be able to take 200-500rms more than the 1000rms rating, in the words of Fi, so that sub will take 1200rms just fine, and could deff put more on it with proper install, box and tuning. and as far as electrical you should be ok for a couple months or so, i was runnin 1000rms in a '00 camry with no upgrades, but a yellow top or some kind of dry cell, like a kinetics, wouldnt be a bad idea.

Either the 12 or the 15 would both sound great. Ported or sealed will work just fine, as will over 1,000rms.

Ive got MB Quart amps, they rock. Id go that route most definately.

my Q has been running a few years paired up with my eD 9.1 amp,BP option....No issues

good combo IMO....I think eD is on sale with them now w 3-5 year warranty

I would avoid Hifonics personally,not impressed

Bump...

How will the Q compare w/ a DC Level 3? Does a DC Level 3 really only handle 600rms?

Correct me if I am wrong, but a sub that has nearly 2x the rms handling (Fi Q) should be louder, right? Assuming each sub is put into an appropriate closure that is.

Bump...
How will the Q compare w/ a DC Level 3? Does a DC Level 3 really only handle 600rms?

Correct me if I am wrong, but a sub that has nearly 2x the rms handling (Fi Q) should be louder, right? Assuming each sub is put into an appropriate closure that is.
i would run a clean 800-1000 on the lvl 3

But how do they compare? There's a pretty inexpensive DC lvl 3 going right now, and someone has a pretty decent deal on a 15" Fi Q too...

Trying to decide since they're both good deals! Unfortunately, there are no dealers in my area, so I can't hear either compared against each other...

Unless anyone in MPLS can show me what they're working with!

But how do they compare? There's a pretty inexpensive DC lvl 3 going right now, and someone has a pretty decent deal on a 15" Fi Q too...
Trying to decide since they're both good deals! Unfortunately, there are no dealers in my area, so I can't hear either compared against each other...

Unless anyone in MPLS can show me what they're working with!

Bad thing is, you can't get a dealer for Fi, they're sold online only... DC makes some fantastic subwoofers, but I find it kinda hard to believe the LVL3 is a SQ oriented subwoofer like the Q.... but then, I've been wrong plenty of times before.... also, the Q will definitely give you more output in a ported enclosure, there's threads all over the forums where people were unhappy with the Q sealed and a few thought the Q sounded better ported as well..... I have 2 12" Q's in a 4.2cuft box after displacements tuned to 32hz and they absolutely blow me away.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.