FI Q in a bigger box????

for a sealed 12" you should be at about 1.2 cu. ft. Ported around 2.35 cu ft.

Q 12 – We recommend using a sealed box in the neighborhood of .8-1.5 cubic feet of volume.

Ported box we recommend using 1.8-2.5 cubic feet @ 28-33Hz (I personally think that a 32 Hz tuning is optimal, and has the most output and is still the most musical daily driving). Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per one cubic foot of enclosure volume.

Does it have the original parts? What kind of power do you have?
The box is sealed. I am powering the sub with a JBL bp1200.1

I have been reading that I should do a ported enclosure. So, after measuring the sealed box I have, I was just wondering if I should just cut a hole and port it.

Inside is 19.75" x 13.25" x 10.25"

The corners inside are reinforced by triangle chaped wooden sticks. Those are 10.25 long and support the depth. Trying to make sense.

Here is what I am having done..

2.43cuft@33hz

25w

20d

15h

6"aeroport

And "Boomsday" is doing it for me. Awesome communication. I will let you all know how things turn out.

Here is what I am having done..
2.43cuft@33hz

25w

20d

15h

6"aeroport

And "Boomsday" is doing it for me. Awesome communication. I will let you all know how things turn out.
yea that should be awesome. It's gonna get he11a loud compared to your sealed box. Hope you like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.