Need help with layout.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Califmike33

CarAudio.com Regular
Need help laying out my amplifier and wiring obviously you can see from the photos don't have a lot of room wondering if I should run the RCA's in the back of the amp or you can see they are now and the rest of the wires you see to the left of the speaker wires problems going to be getting that big blue 1/0 wire to plug in because I'm running out of room any suggestions will be helpful in ways to manage my wiring and with the layout I have an idea of how I want to do it but rather get someone with more knowledge.

The other blank space you see in the photo is where my DSP is going to go I have my coaxial cable my ground my positive power wire and my remote wire.

Attachments

• 1104221647a_HDR.jpg
    1104221647a_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 1104221647_HDR.jpg
    1104221647_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 1104221646_HDR.jpg
    1104221646_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
So keep the RCA is away from any power wire is that what you're saying?. I could cut a hole in the back of the amp and just run the RCA's coming out of there.

You're thinking they're going to pick up interference from the power wire?

So keep the RCA is away from any power wire is that what you're saying?. I could cut a hole in the back of the amp and just run the RCA's coming out of there.

You're thinking they're going to pick up interference from the power wire?

They might or might not. It's just a good idea to keep them separate to prevent a future problem like an alternator whine. Nice amp.

Okay I will run the RCA's to the back of the amp I'll cut another slit in the carpet and run them out directly behind the amp that way they will be completely on their own.

What about my main power wire 1/0 do I need to keep that away from the speaker wires?.

Love the amp thanks another guy on here recommended me sundown audio after doing some research seems like a killer amp can't wait to hear it thing is built like a damn tank.

Okay I will run the RCA's to the back of the amp I'll cut another slit in the carpet and run them out directly behind the amp that way they will be completely on their own.

What about my main power wire 1/0 do I need to keep that away from the speaker wires?.

Love the amp thanks another guy on here recommended me sundown audio after doing some research seems like a killer amp can't wait to hear it thing is built like a damn tank.

Don't worry about your other wires. Just connect your ground last before you turn on your system.

So keep the RCA is away from any power wire
That has been standard practice for a long time. Keep them apart and if they have to cross paths do it at a right angle to reduce the risk of introducing induced noise. Mind you, running them bundled together won't necessarily always be noisy but it's a potential for problems to be introduced to the system that is easily avoided by planning ahead and just running them away from each other when possible.

Yes, the SALT series seem to be very well built, should definitely perform as advertised.

Was able to get all the wiring in away from the RCA's got it all laid out the only thing I'm completely stuck on is the 1/0 wire the stuff is just too damn big and diameter for my car there's nowhere to run it I can't get my panel my kick plate near the door back on anybody got any tricks any ideas?.

Was able to get all the wiring in away from the RCA's got it all laid out the only thing I'm completely stuck on is the 1/0 wire the stuff is just too damn big and diameter for my car there's nowhere to run it I can't get my panel my kick plate near the door back on anybody got any tricks any ideas?.
I find it easier to run larger wiring just on the inside of the foot well carpeting rather tan inside the footwell or just under one of the seats all the way back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...