feedback /impressions on sonix electronics

no but there probably the second best place to buy car audio equipment from beside woofersetc who a an A rating with the BBB. If you want why not price match with woofersetc, but sonik elctronix is a great place and reliable.

I ordered an amp from them. There was something wrong with my shipping address, called them, and they fixed it.

Never had a problem with them, and thought they had good/great customer service. Wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

do anyone have any idea why they are selling at a cheaper price?
because they are not an authorized dealer. all serial numbers will be scratched off of anything jl or boston you buy from them. and with jl, if something goes wrong with the amp, i don't know what their warranty is, but jl will charge mrsp for the amp to repair it. i know the slash series amps have a 2 year warranty, i think the A series do as well, but not 100% sure on that one.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=111

the stuff in red at the bottom is 100% true. i've seen it on many occasions. especially with the JL speakers, there is a serial number sticker on the inside of the basket below the spider, and they tear it open to remove the sticker, and glue it back together. often, they do a very crappy job at reglueing it, and usually use hot glue.

i have had customers bring in stuff they bought from sonix, one gentleman brought in an XR570csi set, and one of the woofers voice coils was completely frozen fresh out of the box. they did nothing to help him at all, saying it was a poor installation that abused it and caused the failure. the speaker had never even made it into the truck. i had another customer with a 300/4 he got from them, and the crossover switch for the x1/x10 for switching from say 100hz to 1000hz did nothing. it was stuck on the x10 setting, and moving the switch did nothing. had other customers bring in various boston stuff, with no problems. just a FYI.

out of about a bazillion jl amps we've sold from our store, i've seen 2 of them go bad, and one of them was because the guy insisted the 1000/1 was mounted ON the box for a 12w7, and it beat the poor thing to death. both amps were replaced under warranty, no problems whatsoever.

just my 2 cents, take it as you please.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.