Favorite speakers you have ever heard

Wilson Audio MaXX, heard these speakers at a professional audio store, and they were beyond amazing. Retail for two speakers is $38,000
I've talked to some people who weren't terribly impressed with the Wilson Audio stuff, especially for the prices.

I really would like to hear them still however and make my own judgments on them, not just take others. I would also love to hear some of the Salk Sound stuff as well, looks pretty awesome.

i had a pair of magneplaners years ago, great sound
i'm more of a "bang for buck" so i like the sound of my paradigms
I've never heard any Magnepan Magneplanar speaker, I would love to for sure. I have heard some Martin Logan speakers and thinking back those may have been my favorites, but I was much younger at the time. As for Paradigm, as I have said I just am not a fan of the style of sound they offer, it just doesn't do it for me for whatever reason.

I had a pair of Maggie SMGs a year ago, but I didn't really have the amplification for them so they got sold. I wouldn't mind a pair of the full-size ones some day, properly bi-amped with some serious power.

I had a pair of Maggie SMGs a year ago, but I didn't really have the amplification for them so they got sold. I wouldn't mind a pair of the full-size ones some day, properly bi-amped with some serious power.

I loved my Maggies on my QSC Powerlight or CX902, quite lovely

I've got to hear a pair of Magnepans then, they seem to get glowing reviews here. I would also love to hear a set of Quad speakers.

I've got to hear a pair of Magnepans then, they seem to get glowing reviews here. I would also love to hear a set of Quad speakers.

Just buy a pair... You can buy good shape older Maggies for under 300 bucks, put them on a good amp with 500w+ per channel and sit back and enjoy them.

Favorites... Hmmm....

B&W 800D, 801D with Classe/Bryston/McInstosh (in that order) Amplification.

PMC BB5 or IB2S with Vinatage H||H Electronic MOS-FET amps. Also sound pretty *****en with Bryston.

Dali Euphonia MS5 or event the Helicon 800 MK2. Don't remember the amps. Might have been McIntosh, Cary, or Moon.

Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario is also pretty kick ass.

As is Thiel Audio CS3.7 with Bryston Amplification.

I can't pick 1 favorite because they all have something the others don't. It all depends on what I want to listen and how I want to listen of what I would call the best. My favorite system just so screw around on and play music would be my 700 Series with H||H V800 Amplification, Moon P3 pre-amp, and a Rega turn table.

my magnepan mg12's come in tomorrow.powering them with a rotel rb-1080 200wpc @ 8 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.