Participant count
  • Participant list

gotparts90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
249-454_s.jpg

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=249-454

I was going to get these for my moms house but if anyone has any better ideas let me know.

(Edit: Correction. Mine are the Atrium 45's with a 4.5" driver and tweeter. I paid $200 for 2 pair (8 years ago). They're about $115 a pair now on Amazon. My amp is currently giving them 75watts not 100. Still loud and sound good.)

That's about what I paid for my **Polk Atrium 6.5 patio speakers a few years ago. I think they're about $200 now.** I'm happy with them. Infinity also has a nice set that is similar, but costs a little more. No matter which ones you get install them in a way they have some rain cover and are aimed down. No decent speaker can handle getting water directly into the face for long. Shaded from direct sun light if possible.

Mine have been handling 100 watts each for 7 years and sound great.

Also, most outdoor speakers tend to have low efficiency and are power hogs. Make sure to give them plenty of good power and heavy guage wire for long runs. The wire that is exposed to the outdoors should be good quality pvc covered bury or plenum type install wire.

so these sound good? decent power? The deck is right on highway 50 so it need to be loud over ambient noise. I am going to move an older okyno receiver there that is 100 per channel @ 8 ohms. I am not sure about rock speakers I just want to wall mount them under the porch overhang.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.