faulkton= bad trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda hard to give an opinion when some of the pms are obviously missing. Based on what I have seen, I would tend to think that this thread was premature. It sounded like to me he was willing to and making an effort toward working something out with you. Based on what I have seen, I have no idea what his bottom line is and I am not sure you know either.
x2 he said he would like to try and work it out so I would say this is premature.

You should be entitled to a full refund where in he(falkton) should decide if he wants to go after his $100 from UPS or USPS whoever.

Not your fault A)packaging ****** and B)it was messed up in transit.

Get refund and have faulkton file claim...dont ship it back to him unless UPS approves so you dont void his claim.

UPS, Fed Ex both use the same type of system to ship packages. Things break, its the natural order of life.

Luck of the draw has more to do with it, but solid packing will ensure things get where they need to go w/o breaking. Even if the thing inside does not rattle, does not mean its properly packed.

Boxes get smashed, crashed, and all sorts of weird unexpected things happen.

It should have been packed better IMO, those air bubble inserts are worthless. I have never seen those used in an effective manner at my job. (I am a quality assurance clerk).

But if theres insurance on it, why is this even an issue?

Couldn't of said it better myself
I cant get em all to fit otherwise theyd all be posted in order I did the best to get em in order and be as fair as possible while still statign my opinion.

If a trustworthy mod person would like access to my PMs to post the whole thing for me Id be totally cool with that.

I keep seeing people ask about insurance. There was no insurance. Even if there were that generally falls on the seller to deal with it. At all the tech forums anyway.

I thought you were Mexican //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif SI SOY !

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 38 (28 members and 10 guests)

kovemaster559 , 350_regal , 528hz , 60ndown , 97gp , bdawson72 , bhsdriller , bones22 , bumpin buick , DeViOuSoNe , duece212 , Faulkton , FI15INCH , hrtbrk1 , jco1385 , JeepSound , jntar , KCha , krouchchocolate , mepratt1234@cha , Naledge503 , nutxo , shortyg83 , Slammed , snoopdan , tristan20 , WALKS UP , WhoSayWho? , Worlddre ,

HE IS IN!

I cant get em all to fit otherwise theyd all be posted in order I did the best to get em in order and be as fair as possible while still statign my opinion.
If a trustworthy mod person would like access to my PMs to post the whole thing for me Id be totally cool with that.

I keep seeing people ask about insurance. There was no insurance. Even if there were that generally falls on the seller to deal with it. At all the tech forums anyway.
It is also the fact that he is trying to work with you on this, and then you go and post something like this up.

It is also the fact that he is trying to work with you on this, and then you go and post something like this up.
I'm tired of messing with it. Ive been dealing with my mom for a week.

Shes done the paperwork and crap for a DNR and shes coming home in a day or two so she doesnt have to die in a hosptial. Im not looking for sympathy. I just have alot more important **** to deal with than to dick around with this.

Im tired of this and wanted the forums opinion to see if I was wrong in my thinking.

I'm tired of messing with it. Ive been dealing with my mom for a week.
Shes done the paperwork and crap for a DNR and shes coming home in a day or two so she doesnt have to die in a hosptial. Im not looking for sympathy. I just have alot more important **** to deal with than to dick around with this.

Im tired of this and wanted the forums opinion to see if I was wrong in my thinking.
hrm? contradict much?

idgaf either way

An untested amp. I was cool with taking a chance. In pm he was cool. He was like. If it works ya get a great deal, if not ya get a mediocre deal at best.
With that being said, you knew what to expect.

Sp instead of an amp that might work I get an amp that might as well have been sent in an empty box. Its got a broken foot and a bunch of pots smashed inside the amp.
Sounds like you're run of the mill amp damaged in shipping... has happened to me twice with the knobs being pushed in. Looks like it was packed fairly. A UPS claim should take care of it.
When I message the seller this is what I get
All the sudden instead of it being the sellers fault that its beat to **** its ups. Not only that but for some reason I have no right to recieve an item the way it was described to me.

my reply

His reply. Once again trying to get someone else to fix his mistake.

Then this

Im trying to figure out all my pms but thats the gist of the whole thing. He says its goin to be another 60 for the foot to be fixed. I point out that I would never had even have thought about buying that thing if the price worked out to being 100 for the amp, 125 for repair and 60 for the foot ( not counting shipping ) I can get one like BNIB for less.

This is where Im stuck. He insists that if I want a refund I **** up like 70 in shipping and Im pretty much of a mind that the seller screwed up with piss poor packaging and taking a chance not buying insurance.

I feel that Im entitled to a full refund and he should pay shipping. Dont get me wrong. I KNOW the guy ****ed up and I feel for him but I dont see how any of this should cost me anything.

I figured I would post here and get the forums opinion.
UPS has automatic package protection up to $100.
I'm defending faulkton here mostly because it seems he's trying to help you on an amplifier that you purchased "as-is". You took a chance, especially when faulkton said...

"If it works ya get a great deal, if not ya get a mediocre deal at best."

That's what happens when you take chances buying electronics used online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

nutxo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
nutxo
tacoma
Start date
Participants