faulkton= bad trader

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tacoma
This is the thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325907&highlight=tantrum

An untested amp. I was cool with taking a chance. In pm he was cool. He was like. If it works ya get a great deal, if not ya get a mediocre deal at best.

HPIM3026.jpg

HPIM3027.jpg

HPIM3028.jpg

HPIM3029.jpg

HPIM3030.jpg

HPIM3032.jpg

Sp instead of an amp that might work I get an amp that might as well have been sent in an empty box. Its got a broken foot and a bunch of pots smashed inside the amp.

When I message the seller this is what I get

sorry it didn't make it, but when the thing left my control the packing was solid. It didn't rattle around or anything.
I'm not sure how i should have packaged it to survive the sort of damage it appears it underwent in transit. I honestly figured it wouldn't be a problem the way it was packed and that it had $100 of insurance. You're sure it doesn't?

From the pics it doesn't really look like it will even show the broken mount with the end caps on. I know you had hoped it would work as is, but i did tell you that you shouldn't count on that. not because of something like this but because i didn't know if it worked.

I emailed PG to see what a new case would cost, and if its not too much i might split the cost with you or something.

Otherwise, if you want to ship all of it back i would return your money minus what it cost me to ship it.

Sorry about the whole thing, i but i basically got like $70 for all of it after shipping. It seems reasonable i would try to save as much money on shipping as possible. If i sold it for $100 and its covered for $100 i didn't see the point in paying extra for insurance.

Its a shitty situation but hopefully we can work something out amicably.
All the sudden instead of it being the sellers fault that its beat to **** its ups. Not only that but for some reason I have no right to recieve an item the way it was described to me.

my reply

nah man. I feel your pain but its not my responsibilty to **** up a loss on shipping. Its the sellers responsibility to get an item, as described ,to a buyer. Im not paying 60 bucks in shipping for a ****ed up packing job and Im not keeping an amp thats busted all to hell.
His reply. Once again trying to get someone else to fix his mistake.

what did USPS say?
Then this

PG said they could give it a new case for $60 which seems expensive for a a broken foot that wont show with the end caps anyway.
Im trying to figure out all my pms but thats the gist of the whole thing. He says its goin to be another 60 for the foot to be fixed. I point out that I would never had even have thought about buying that thing if the price worked out to being 100 for the amp, 125 for repair and 60 for the foot ( not counting shipping ) I can get one like BNIB for less.

This is where Im stuck. He insists that if I want a refund I **** up like 70 in shipping and Im pretty much of a mind that the seller screwed up with piss poor packaging and taking a chance not buying insurance.

I feel that Im entitled to a full refund and he should pay shipping. Dont get me wrong. I KNOW the guy ****ed up and I feel for him but I dont see how any of this should cost me anything.

I figured I would post here and get the forums opinion.

Not to mention I cant figure out is the green **** is paint or water corrosion.

You mentioned it had insurance, why doesn't he file a claim or whatever the process is to reimburse you with the insured amount?
the seller screwed up with piss poor packaging and taking a chance not buying insurance.
I don't think it had insurance..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I think you should get a full refund if he wants you to ship it back. If not then refunding you the cost minus shipping is kind of BS cause you have to pay to ship it back to him as well so you will already be losing money.

I think you are exaggerating the $70's in shipping though, its probably more like 20 each way depending on where you both live.

I don't think it had insurance..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Well that's just's stupid. If the seller didn't apply insurance for $100 it is his fault, because insurance of $100 or less is FREE. All you have to do is right $100 under insured amount. I'd say that's negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

nutxo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
nutxo
tacoma
Start date
Participants