Factory key bypass for alarm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drek75633
10+ year member

IA FTW
My local audio dealer told me that if I get a alarm system with the remote start. I will have to buy a key to bypass the chip in my actual key so I can remotely start my car. But from what I've heard. This key that you have to buy to use on the alarm system will make it to where you do not need a computer chip in your actual key anymore. So if someone made a copy of my key. They could steal my car. Because the copy won't need a computer chip in it to start the vehicle. Can anybody tell me. What's goin on?

Vehicle. 2004 Ford Mustang Coupe. 40th anniversary I believe.

It only bypass' your vehicles transponder system temporarily (only when the remote start is active). All other times, the vehicle will function as normal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.