factory HU to amp question

natem33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I will be hooking my Punch 360.2 to my factory HU which does not have RCA outputs. Since I will then be using the speaker level inputs on the amp, I will be taking the rear speaker factory wires and running those to the amp. Will I completely lose the signal going to my rear speakers or is there a way to splice the signal so that both my rear speakers and amp can run off of the same speaker wires? Also is it true that the signal strength is less than 1 volt when using speaker level inputs? Would a signal booster of some sort be worth installing? Thanks to all those who can help.

My Ford Explorer has a JBL in dash 6 disk changer that doesn't sound half bad. I'd hate to have to spend another $500 dollars to replace that with aftermarket equipment.

i'm not for sure about the voltage inputs but you won't lose sound from your rear speakers by tapping into the lines (just don't completely remove them from the rears. the 360.2 has speaker level inputs? check with fosgate(or where you bought it) and see if there is some kinda line driver in the amp for the inputs(far-fetched i know).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.