Factory head unit to sub amp help plz

Koltrain129
10+ year member

Hello everyone, I have a 09 Charger with the mygig radio. I want to keep the factory radio but I have a Hifonics 1800D and two L7's from a previous setup. What do I need to hook up my amp to the radio? The battery is in the trunk.

Hello everyone, I have a 09 Charger with the mygig radio. I want to keep the factory radio but I have a Hifonics 1800D and two L7's from a previous setup. What do I need to hook up my amp to the radio? The battery is in the trunk.
ugh another one of these threads. get an LOC(line out converter), or if you want to run multiple amps then i would get the audiocontrol lc6i.

you're welcome /thread

LOC (Line Out Converter)

that basically steals one of your speaker lines from your radio and converts it to RCA outputs, so you can run RCAs to your amp. Also you will need to run a remote wire to something affected by the ignition being on....for instance and I'm sure people can give you different and possibly better ideas for this but I connect it to them windshield wiper fuse. (they are usually easy to get at and work just fine)

ugh another one of these threads. get an LOC(line out converter), or if you want to run multiple amps then i would get the audiocontrol lc6i.you're welcome /thread
Sounds like that Menstrual cycle started today. Get some Midol

Sounds like that Menstrual cycle started today. Get some Midol
lmfao thats the best you got? seems like retard day on ca.com. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i gave you your answer you were looking for. also on top of that there is already another thread in this same very section asking the same exact question. searching>you.

...dont use the wiper fuse haha...not that this is necesarrily a terrible idea, but chargers have switched power at the cig socket where you can grab remote. HOWEVER when running remote off of lines like these you run the risk of haveing some issues with the amp...just trust me on that one. If your going to go the LOC route, I recomend getting yourself one that created a dedicated remote line for you...if you want to run high level inputs to get signal to the amp...you may be stuck with something like the cig socket, just make sure its not high current

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.