Wiring 3 MMats Amps?

Im trying to wire 3 MMats Amps and im just looking for some insight on how i should do this? I Originally was going to run the 4 Gauge Power wire to 1 amp and just connect each amp off the same Power wire and Ground the Amps seperatly. But i was told by a tech that i would starve the amps by doing so! He said i need to run a seperate Power cord to atleast 2 of the 3 amps. Or that i should get rid of 1 of the Amps! Here's what im Running or trying to run.

2-D-200 Class D MMats amps (700 Watts Rms)

1-Lm Series Class A/B MMats Amp

2-Stinger Power Caps

MMats 6x9's

MMats Copponent set

2-MMats P.3 12's (700 Watts Max)

My thought was to run 1 MMats amp to each 12 and the Class A/B amp to the Mids and High's. Thanks for any suggestions.

you could run your main to one of the caps, and distribute from there, but i would run a 1/0 main power line, and get a 1/0 to 3 4gauge distro block

I think the 4 gauge is borderline too small.

Another run of 4 gauge

Run both of those into a dist block and run a wire to each amp from there.

Oh yea you can toss those caps out while you are rewiring everything cause they are a waste of space and wire and make you look like a bit noobish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You dont think it'll starve my amps running it all off one line? After distributing them that is?
well its better than before.

and would def spend the extra cash on a main 1/0 line and do the big 3 i believe its one of the best things you can do then get a small rear or full sized rear bat and either get distabution blocks like mentioned above or distribute at the bat.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

because 4 gauge cant handle that power.

dont mess around running 2 strands of 4 gauge. if your going to do a setup with nice equipment do it right.

single 1/0 main run into fused distro block to amps. get rid of the caps and make sure all speaker wire and rcas are on the other side of the car away from power wires.

dont mess around running 2 strands of 4 gauge. if your going to do a setup with nice equipment do it right.
single 1/0 main run into fused distro block to amps. get rid of the caps and make sure all speaker wire and rcas are on the other side of the car away from power wires.
what he said ^

That makes since! I don't mind spending the money to make it right... So re-run the power line at 1/0-gauge, Make sure Speaker wire and Rca's are on the other side! I never thought about that. I bought Q-Forms for my car because the 84 Regal only had 4 stock speakers and i ran the speaker wires down both sides of the car. Just out of curiosity... What happens when the Power line is near the other wires?

Op the caps are a waste... They just put more strain on you electrical! Pitch them... If you want more juice do the big under the hood, upgrade your alt and then add xtra batts... Could get by with addn an xtra batt for now.

Power wire by RCAs can cause engine/alt whine....

We do not like pre-fab boxes much around here.

It is much better to have a box built designed for your speakers and subwoofers.

There are a few really good guys who custom build boxes on this forum, Pro-Rabbit is one and there are a few others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.