Extra Battery + Cap??

Yes you can run a battery and a capacitor. You already do that with the capacitors inside your radio and amplifier.

I'm slowly working on an arrangement to add super capacitor modules to the Rubyserv line-up. I have been testing one for a short time. Need more testers...hint hint.

Yes you can run a battery and a capacitor. You already do that with the capacitors inside your radio and amplifier.
I'm slowly working on an arrangement to add super capacitor modules to the Rubyserv line-up. I have been testing one for a short time. Need more testers...hint hint.
What kind?

I mean.. either way the only ones i can find for sale online are all between $300 and $500 and considering the condition i think i lucked out... but either way the question was can i run it with a extra battery lol
Buy a high-output alternator. You can add all the batteries and capacitors in the world but it doesn't do any good if your charging system cannot keep up. Alternators produce power, batteries and capacitors store it.
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm keeping the manufacturer name a secret for a short time as there is not yet a formal reseller agreement penned. It's a custom-specific small manufacturer of amplifiers, a pre-amplifier, and more.
Prices going to be competitive? Let me know when they're for sale

Can anyone provide a science as to why i would or wouldn't be able to run a cap and a battery at the same... Thats what i asked.. i didn't ask on a history lesson on capacitors that i already knew, I'm talking about the value of the cap being a score, even if it is next to useless on any serious audio setup.
You can, it's just virtually worthless besides looking cool to people who don't know they're worthless. The point is for all the good it'll do you can just sit it there, not bother wiring it up and achieve the same results.

This.
With advances and such that we have today/now, typically a capacitor is worthless, although a cheaper alternative to another battery, than upgraded wiring for the big 3, a bigger better AGM battery and an aftermarket HO alt.
And really whats the point if it will only store enough current for a second or too ? Oh cuz its dope ? Or you smoked to much dope lol ! should have went with the battery for a little more than you spent on that, but if its dope you will probably have a line of people waiting to buy it for 300 bucks and you can by a couple batterys.

Can anyone provide a science as to why i would or wouldn't be able to run a cap and a battery at the same... Thats what i asked.. i didn't ask on a history lesson on capacitors that i already knew, I'm talking about the value of the cap being a score, even if it is next to useless on any serious audio setup.
more than likely it will hurt your setup if you dont have the alternator power. Those traditional capacitors are paperweight garbage compared to actual banks of maxwell ultracapacitors that big league competitors use. No self respecting knowledgeable car audio enthusiasts would be caught dead running a traditional cap for power purposes. Only thing you can use your cap to do is improve sq for your mids and highs amp. It works as an AC ripple filter which removes a lot of electrical noise in the system and since your 4 channel doesnt draw much current it can actually provide somewhat of a stable voltage for your amp which can help keep output levels stable.

This video is why you received a history lesson since you dont know how garbage they are.

You are better off just flipping it ASAP to the next sucker that buys it. Also 1500 watt battery isnt what you look for. The proper specs are amp hours(AH) and reserve capacity(RC) and if you got the dough for lithium, discharge rates aka C rating.

I run 2 AA 3800.1's and have 3 singer 370 hp a d3100 underhood and 36 maxwells. So 6 a bank n 6 in a group. I charge at rougly 14.8 or so and drop to low 13's. @,5 each. The benifit with caps are the recharge n discharge rates,althought they dont hold as much as an agm they require pretty much 0 time to recharge. They output an insane amount of powery and they recharge fast as hell. With lithium I havent tried it yet but am going to with my cavalier as it gos from sq to just being loud.

You can run batteries and maxwell caps together.
The mainstream ones are trash though. Any capacitor on Sonicelectronix, crutchfield, ect. are shit.

If you already knew the history, you wouldn't be asking the question you did.
So even oldschool products from some mainstream companies like hifonics, orion, and fosgate are garbage??? This is a pre-china cap is it not?

And really whats the point if it will only store enough current for a second or too ? Oh cuz its dope ? Or you smoked to much dope lol ! should have went with the battery for a little more than you spent on that, but if its dope you will probably have a line of people waiting to buy it for 300 bucks and you can by a couple batterys.
300 bucks can buy me a couple of batteries? can you please show me what batteries? (seriously though lol) Either way i only planned on running this cap temporarily if even at all... But it was for sure a good score for that price.. and my main reason for buying it was resale and if you can't see that as an overall good decision i don't know what else to say.

more than likely it will hurt your setup if you dont have the alternator power. Those traditional capacitors are paperweight garbage compared to actual banks of maxwell ultracapacitors that big league competitors use. No self respecting knowledgeable car audio enthusiasts would be caught dead running a traditional cap for power purposes. Only thing you can use your cap to do is improve sq for your mids and highs amp. It works as an AC ripple filter which removes a lot of electrical noise in the system and since your 4 channel doesnt draw much current it can actually provide somewhat of a stable voltage for your amp which can help keep output levels stable.

This video is why you received a history lesson since you dont know how garbage they are.

Again.. someone missing the point of my question completely and telling me things i already know. I would never in my life run any cap for my serious audio setup actually expecting any real result. I wanted to know if it was possible to do without hurting anything or causing a problem overal.. I think it's cool and i wanted to run it for fun basically until i resell it.

So even oldschool products from some mainstream companies like hifonics, orion, and fosgate are garbage??? This is a pre-china cap is it not?
it doesnt matter the technology is obsolete and useless in real world applications when it comes to powering your audio setup and has been proven countlessly by every leading paragons of the audio community and many countless tests. So yes those traditional caps are pure garbage in terms of beefing up the electrical system.

Most of the china products today will humiliate old made in USA products from the 1990s to 2000s in both performance, quality and reliability. Only a handful of old school stuff is relevant to today's standards of sound quality and spl.

Here's a made in USA old school amp that cant even handle its rated ohm loads. While some chinese stuff handles half ohm. I'm not supporting china but you gotta give credit where credit is due and those old school caps are pure junk by today's standards and you'd best sell them off before there's no more suckers left in the world that will buy crap like that.

So you purely missed the part in the video where the cap makes your amp see lower voltage? Does that not even concern you the slightest bit?

I'd forget about all the flak... I did find a deal locally to me for a Group 31 AGM for $62 out the door... it is not branded, probably reconditioned but it really changed everything... now I can run low impedance and voltage stays above 13V... use it...(your cap)... if you want... all I'd say is keep it as close to the amp as possible... with good wire as well and a good ground...

Well as long as you think it's cool and worth 100 bucks that's all that matters lol I am just jealous I didn't sell it to you ! As far as two agm batteries for 300 here you go , 191.98 each less 25% off and free shipping makes them 144.24 each x 2 is 288.48 at advanced auto parts .

3a90f80220495b72eb23d16eb44a0d1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Gir

Gir
Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Gir