Expert Explaination Needed!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoneRanger
10+ year member

Old Yamahas Give Me Wood
Can someone please describe for me the exact process by which a class D amplifier converts 4v line in to 1200w line out? I need basically a step-by-step list of how the power is amplified....please be as wordy and detailed as possible.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Hmm that would take someone with a very very good understanding of electronics.

How about with just being satisfied with knowing the switching power supply in the amp takes the 12V input and converts it to a higher voltage. It does this by rapidly turning on and off the DC voltage and using transformer action to step up the voltage. Then this is rectified and applied to the output transistors. The audio signal is then applied to the input of the transistor and it makes the transistor conduct or turn on more fully or less. The output from the transistor follows the input signal, only greatly amplified. There is a lot lot more to it, but that is basically it. The transistor amplifies the signal but using a higher supply voltage than what the car can supply. It gets the supply voltage from the switching power supply in the amplifer.

Check out this link. Lots of kewl stuff.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.