RX8 Audio Build requires expert advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertsean350

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a 2009 RX8 with the Factory Installed Bose stereo. It sounds ok but I want to do a bit more than ok. Not going for the "ultimate" as she is a sports vehicle and want that to be the priority. I plan on upgrading the existing speakers and adding some amps and a 12" in a sealed box with a passive radiator. The original design put 8s in the doors for the bass. Going to tune them for mid-bass instead.

One of the previous owners of the vehicle replaced the HU with a Kenwood 6990HD. an adapter to retain funtionality was used.

The stock Bose amps have been left in place(as far as I can tell)

My amps are able to accept low /high level input. Which would provide the best sound? Use the RCA outputs off HU to feed the RCA input of the amplifier or an LOC to feed the amp? As of right now the wires that would feed the LOC >amp are post Bose amp. My gut tells me this will be problematic. would the LOC be able to manage that situation? Or will there be an issue and if so does that require purchase of something else or a diferent wiring plan.

Lastly is it possible to leave all the existing amps /wires /speakers and also utilize the RCA outputs to add additional speakers.

Sorry for the Noob question. but despite my best search efforts I have not found answers.

Just as an alternative Idea. My HU might need to be replaced. I have been unsuccessful so far in fixing the navigation. I have been considering as an option placing a mini PC with a touch screen monitor with self powered blue tooth speakers. Sinch the mini PC function will be media player, no need for the best of the best. An AMD 4600U could do the job and only require 50 watts. I'm ok losing some functionality from the steering wheel. There are programs that would allow those features to be remotely controlled by my phone.

feed back on this idea would be appreciated

Update:

I have been able to use the RCA outputs from the HU w/o problems, the current speakers wired thru stock bose amps Still function and all steering wheel controls still function. When I tested the rear pair of speakers powered from bose and /with a speaker connected to rear ouput RCA it sounded off, like an echo. not an issue as the bose is coming out anyways.

Ive always ripped out older Bose systems to save the Headaches and damaged windshields from flying tools while swearing loud enough to be heard 4 blocks away.LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :poop:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...