Excursion System Rebuild

Ok,

So I have taken the past few days off from building the X to do a little side project I had.

We have an RV that has had a piss poor stereo for awhile now. So it's was time to upgrade a little. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Some of our out of town shows we drag it out to chill and BBQ at shows.

RenoDBDrag08012.jpg

This had to go

009.jpg

I had this laying around so it went in as well as an older navi, An Ipod adapter and a Sirius tuner

010.jpg

Then I decided we needed to have a little tunes for outside.

I just go started on the wiring.

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

I picked a roll of Shok Wire for the job.

002.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

And thats all I have for pics. I had just about all the power wire finished off when I split my head open on one of the open doors and put a 2" gash in muh head. So a handful of stitches later, I don't feel like doing **** for a couple days. So when my head quits pounding, I will get back to this and the X build.

It's CCA, So I would say it's current carrying capabilities are a little less then Copper of the same strand count. However I would feel confident using it in most daily systems. I have about a 40ft run, once I get back into the building spirit i will do some testing to see if there is a power drop in that distance. I doubt it will, but it's a good system to check on with.

The wire itself is some of the most flexible I have worked with.

I've tried to look into shok wire and can't really find anything on the internet, do you have a website or something for it, it does look good.

I'd love to see how this RV turns out, I always thought it would be neat to see what an RV system would be like.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I should be knockin out the RV this weekend.

I'm sitting here ordering up some small stuff for the X as I type. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

how would you wrap something like that with the changes in height of the door and curves and such?

It's not easy.

That inner curve is a *****.

It takes a really good glue, A good heat guy and a very high quality material.

It also helps to do this during the warmer months, not in the chill like we are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I spent a little time on this again today. Finished off the wiring and ran the RCA's

The fuse block was a little disappointing. Sure it looks nice, but the performance *****. First all all the display has a loose connection so it's displays intermittently. The overall function of it works, so I will leave it for now. The other thing I didn't care for was the blown fuse alarm. So unless you use all 4 fuses or in my case at least have all fuses in, it will beep at you.

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

I have an idea for the speaker connections that I will have to search out for part tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.