Excursion System Rebuild

Getting closer on the doors. Little too cold out to be wrapping. Going to get at it tomorrow when it warms up.

021-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

Got one rear quarter panel done. I need to order up some more to do the other side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

006-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-7.jpg

I also have been switching out all the lights to blue LED's

009-8.jpg

011-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

And you can't forget the blue lumilogo

014-4.jpg

Lookin good. Do I spot an Alpine IVA-D900? I have that same unit for my new build. How do you like it? Ive heard mixed reviews on it. N im gonna have to show my mom some of this so she can see what can be done to her truck. lol Keep up the good work!

Lookin good. Do I spot an Alpine IVA-D900? I have that same unit for my new build. How do you like it? Ive heard mixed reviews on it. N im gonna have to show my mom some of this so she can see what can be done to her truck. lol Keep up the good work!
I have 3 d900's ..... well 5 if you want to include the 2 that I have had snagged from me over the years.

One of the most versatile decks I have seen out of the Alpine line up. There is plenty of connections in and out as well as a great amount of control. Plus the little detach face makes it real nice over the full faces. The screen is super sharp and it's not touch screen. IMO touch screens *****, the oils in yer fingers always leaves the screen dirty.

Tell your mom to get a system going. My inlaws are in their 70's with a system in their F250 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have 3 d900's ..... well 5 if you want to include the 2 that I have had snagged from me over the years.
One of the most versatile decks I have seen out of the Alpine line up. There is plenty of connections in and out as well as a great amount of control. Plus the little detach face makes it real nice over the full faces. The screen is super sharp and it's not touch screen. IMO touch screens *****, the oils in yer fingers always leaves the screen dirty.

Tell your mom to get a system going. My inlaws are in their 70's with a system in their F250 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I didnt know it wasnt touch screen. but your right about how dirty a touch screen gets I used to have an ok jensen one but I got tired of it quick and my mom bought it and I still have to install that for her. Im trying to convince her to get a little system and get it custom fiberglassed behind the pass. side back pannel in the very back or somethin. Once I get my car done she'll be convinced she needs one lol

that kid in the pics best be on here in 10 years doing a bigger build

He's already got the bug. He started a quite a few years back competing in usaci with mini spl with a system he built in a red wagon. I think he was doing about a162 and some change.

He is 13 now, and we have been eying a few projects around the place for him to start building on.

I read it all and then i finished it...and I cried because there is no more posts to read on your build.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif haha Beautiful build fresh and clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Very nice work and the attention to the wiring and doing everything right the 1st time!!!

Makes me want to stop what little work/planning I have done on my system re-do and start it all over...

I really need to get more into the electrical system and supply of power to the amps, Thats where I think my major weakness will be...

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more updates...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It's been a long time in the works, But only in the last few months have I really got working on it. I have buying up stuff as needed for a little over a year now.

The wiring and design is one of the most important parts of the install. It can make or break how good a system will be. The wiring isn't too bad as long as it's labeled as you go. The tough part is adding something in if I forgot it the 1st time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.