EXACT electrical supplies... i need a shoping list.

Participant count
  • Participant list

fnzpntz
10+ year member

TC MI
With this setup:

2 12"bm

1 1500D SAZ

1 100.2 SAX

1 Peerless Definition 6" Comp

What electrical stuff should i buy...

1/0AWG in how ever many feet i need

to wire big 3 power and ground cables for my 1500D

and second battery

4AWG in how ever many feet i need

to wire my 2 channel amp power and ground. off the 1/0 wire sent to the back of the car.

How many ring terminals?

(i plan on running 2 sets of big 3 ground wire)

How many fuses? What kind?

How much speaker wire?

How many battery terminals?

Anything else im missing?

How exactly are we supposed to know how many feet of wire you'll need in your car (which you have not told us what it is).

Go buy a measuring tape and find out for yourself buddy.

Next, look at your amps and see what kind of connections the wiring inputs have. Can you slide a whole cable in there or should you use a crimp spade?

For how many ring terminals in the Big 3, start counting. This is all stuff you CAN do yourself.

Fuse the 1/0awg at 250-350a. Fuse the 4awg at 80-150a.

Find a battery terminal with the number of outputs you need under the hood. Again, this is something you just need to add up in your head.

1/0 -- Sounds like you need alot of it. So get atleast like 35-40feet (should cover main power, big 3, and have extra over for whatever)

4awg -- Looks like you only need like 15feet at the most (going from distro block to amp)

Speaker Wire -- All you need is like 12awg. So just get enough to go from amps to speakers. If you are running new wires from your 100.2 to the Peerless speakers then you will need alot more (obviously)

Remote Wire -- Cheap stuff so just get like 30-40ft

RCA's -- 2ch and 4ch of whatever length needed

Fuseholders -- Two anl fuseholders (one for big three alt to bat ) and one for main power wire

Fuses -- With Big 3 fuseholder, take whatever your alt is rated at and get a fuse little bigger than the alt. For main power, figure out what both amps draw combined and get one to cover the amps. Then if you get a fused distro, then figure out how much each amp draws and fuse each line to the amps individually.

Battery Terminals -- How many wires (and what guage) are they going into battery right now? Count and then find terminals suitable for your needs

Ring Terminals-- You will need atleast like 8 1/0awg (4 for big 3 and 4 for power wire ground etc) Then you need like 4-6 4awg ring terminals. (Find some cheap ones and get more than you might need just incase)

Distro Blocks -- http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KNF-23

All of this can get rather expensive. If you want a cheaper alternative, PM Johnecon2001 (up above me) he carries Tsunami stuff and thats what I have.

Yeah i know the things i have to find the counts out... I ment x as in ill figure it out sorry i didnt mention.

I wana make sure i have the right equipment items, not size, or amounts...

so wire up the big three then send wire to battery terminals, then send a line back to the back of the , were i distro it into 1 1/0 for mono and 1 4awg for the 2 channel amp. Then i run ground wire from the chasis to a distro and hook it to the amps... correct?

now if i want a second battery.

I do that but as i run the power wire back, i run a ground as well and just daisy chain useing parrelell or series to add the extra battry in and then continue with the plan.

also i use ring terminals to connect wires to chassis, and battery terminals to connect wires to terminals... am i missing any part of wiring a system?

I also put rcas connecting the amps to my deck

and inline fuses in big three from the powerline from front to back.

and 12 awg speaker wire

and remore wite.

take that back......dont know your car but if its a sub frame.....run pos and neg from front to back, if its a full frame car/truck/suv whatever just ground REALLY SOLID on your frame.

Im not worried about price, i went thru 2 alts and 2 batts on my last car > then 20 ft of 1/0 and more work...

^^ i was a big noob.

plus i might run double 4awg up and down the *****. im going to have the shortest ground wires ever.. so it discharges fast (correct?) im not positive on what im doing i just understand it alot bette rknow with my talk with negzero.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.