Enough wattage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trent54
10+ year member

Total newb here.

I got one audiobahn 10" AW1000Q high extrusion sub on the way and waiting on it is an Infinity Kappa 100 Watt 2-channel amp (300 Watts bridged). The sub is going into a sealed Truck box. The sub is rated at 600 Watts RMS. What does RMS mean exactly. And do I have enough wattage to run this sub?

Thanks,

Trent

RMS means root mean square. It is a method of averaging numbers. RMS just means power that you can expect to get, not peak power that only happens very transiently. You will be giving enough power to your subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.