Engine Noise Caused by Radio Antena help

they used to make a noise filter just for the ant. cable. Dont know if they still do as the last time I used one was 8 years ago but it got rid of a very similar problem. but no am reception.

I dont mind replacing RCA i know they were cheap one came with the wiring kit the other was like $7 so ill try that just for the heck of it even tho i know once the antena is out it works.

And yest the antena noise filter is no more, if u find one on ebay the filter is $9 an shipping like $50 WTF

I had a similar problem with my HU. Swapped RCAs and a bunch of other stuff. Moving the ground for the HU solved it for me. Have you tried different grounds for the deck?

I had a similar problem with my HU. Swapped RCAs and a bunch of other stuff. Moving the ground for the HU solved it for me. Have you tried different grounds for the deck?
Bingo.

This problem is a classic ground loop issue. The antenna is grounded to the car body at a different electrical ground point than the HU and amp grounds. These problems can be a nightmare to fix, but it always involves changing the ground point of either the HU or amp or both.

An antenna filter ain't gonna help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.