Enclosure for 2 x Hertz HX 300

Rian

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 22, 2021
Sweden
Hi!

I have 2x Hertz HX300 subwoofers and bought a cheap enclosure but it is a peak at 64 Hz and below almost nothing.
I'm going to build a new enclosure but the question is how it should be tuned for the best quality. Would love to hear a little more of the lower notes.
Any recommendations?
And I have a Volvo S40.

Thanks!

Attachments

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Tuned from 30-34 hz should work fine. You’ll need 2 cubes of air space for each sub also. You may be able to drop down to 1.75 cubes if necessary. If they were mine, I would do 4 cubes at 30hz for both 12s.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
Sealed or Vented?
If you want strong lower bass, we could do a nice ported box. You can PM or email me, if you're interested. I need to see what space you have to work with, what types of enclosures we can fit. We could even do something like a 4th order bandpass, if you can fit it.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
Those subs have a Fs of 33 hz, I can make them probably play into the high 20's, if you'd want to play that low.

It's all in the box design; bad box = bad sound, no matter the woofer. A well designed ported box will play very well and be loud. And if you tell me what sound you want, I can make your sub play it.

Rian

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 22, 2021
Sweden
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I'm going to measure the trunk space today and I want a ported box for 2 subs and I what it tuned for the max quality and the most flat aptitude no peaks.

Reactions: Buck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds