Enclosure for 2 x Hertz HX 300

Participant count
  • Participants list

Rian

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sweden
Hi!

I have 2x Hertz HX300 subwoofers and bought a cheap enclosure but it is a peak at 64 Hz and below almost nothing.
I'm going to build a new enclosure but the question is how it should be tuned for the best quality. Would love to hear a little more of the lower notes.
Any recommendations?
And I have a Volvo S40.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hertz_HiEnergy_hx300.pdf
    614.3 KB · Views: 79
Tuned from 30-34 hz should work fine. You’ll need 2 cubes of air space for each sub also. You may be able to drop down to 1.75 cubes if necessary. If they were mine, I would do 4 cubes at 30hz for both 12s.

Sealed or Vented?

If you want strong lower bass, we could do a nice ported box. You can PM or email me, if you're interested. I need to see what space you have to work with, what types of enclosures we can fit. We could even do something like a 4th order bandpass, if you can fit it.

Those subs have a Fs of 33 hz, I can make them probably play into the high 20's, if you'd want to play that low.

It's all in the box design; bad box = bad sound, no matter the woofer. A well designed ported box will play very well and be loud. And if you tell me what sound you want, I can make your sub play it.

Ok I'm going to measure the trunk space today and I want a ported box for 2 subs and I what it tuned for the max quality and the most flat aptitude no peaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...