Enclosure build questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Mdf. 3/4 doubled up 4 baffle and. And recessing subwoofer

Does it take away and structural integrity if the subwoofers Mountain into 3/4 of mdf? But the battle will be one and a half inches thick

I do plan on using 1 1/4 inch wooden dowels to brace the inside of the box..

Also what about coating inside of the box. I heard people are using Kilz . inside and out.. for the outside I'd like something that I can sand and block. I like to put a nice paint job on the box period put a finish on it that makes it look like it's not made from wood

You mean driver displacement? Nah not really. As long as the designer included it, it's not gonna affect it much.

As for coating inside an enclosure, it's not necessary...but by choice. Just means a smoother transient repsonse/better smoother airflow. Would you notice an audioable diff between an enclosure that has the inside done and one that isn't? Prob not.

Mdf. 3/4 doubled up 4 baffle and. And recessing subwooferDoes it take away and structural integrity if the subwoofers Mountain into 3/4 of mdf? But the battle will be one and a half inches thick

I do plan on using 1 1/4 inch wooden dowels to brace the inside of the box..

Also what about coating inside of the box. I heard people are using Kilz . inside and out.. for the outside I'd like something that I can sand and block. I like to put a nice paint job on the box period put a finish on it that makes it look like it's not made from wood
stain the outside of box tragik on here did that with dark black and just wiped it with a rag it looks like a $500 piece of furniture.. u can see it on his build log thread about honda civic it pops up as he adds more to it, but u could find it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
My63bug
Vacaville ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from