Enclosure build for andrios' se 10

Ok got the Box in today thanks Twisted, you did a great job with it. LOL the hole was a little to small though but no biggie I sanded it down and was able to get a nice tight fit. I have a couple questions on the aeroport length though. Is it suppose to be that long? Obviously I need to break it in but It doesn't seem like it gets really loud. Maybe the port is too long?

Well it is tuned to 30hz, what songs arent that loud? cutting the aero shorter will raise the tuning of the box.
Every song I play is not loud. The 2 10" Xplodes I had before switching to the RE were louder. They can only handle 300w each and I was giving them 450w between the two.

Was I expecting to much from one 10"? are 2 10" xplodes that much louder than 1 10" SE?

I double checked my wiring....Its in parallel +to + to amp +, and - to - to amp -.

could it be the amp? box? idk lol

probably expecting too much out of a single 10" SQL set up...
Your probably right.....I haven't had many experiences with other subs but I thought it would be a little louder than 2 sony xplodes which combined were given less watts hehe.

Try setting the gains at -6db, or just by ear to a certain extent. Most songs don't approach 0db
Thanks.

I tried setting by ear, the gain dial was almost all the way. Seems like the sub is working really hard though, like the bass is trapped.

Let it break in for week or so, if it is still not enough raising the tuning some might help you out in the SPL department

Let it break in for week or so, if it is still not enough raising the tuning some might help you out in the SPL department
Yea its still brand new, im gonna let it break before I go crazy.

Alot of people said it would "slam" or would get really low, I will see what happens after it breaks in though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Twisted_0912

10+ year member
Twisted_0912
NE ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from