Enclosure build for 4 DD 1508's.

supermaxx123
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I.E.
Box is 1.8 cu/ft perside, tuned to 33hz, 45"^2 of port. Should have it done by tomorrow.

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01428-1.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

not sure what way my friend is going to want the subs to be, so i took a pic of both and am waiting for an answer.

yeah it is, it's going to be a bit wider than that, fit up wasn't perfect. Just wanted to make sure i got all the cuts. Going to do middle subs lower. I like the other look but my friends wants that one.

Wont the port chamber piece from each side cause turbulence in the middle where they meet to exit the box ? I hope you udnerstand that question because i didnt know how to word it lol.

Wont the port chamber piece from each side cause turbulence in the middle where they meet to exit the box ? I hope you udnerstand that question because i didnt know how to word it lol.
I'll let you know how that works out, not sure though.

nice job man....i've got a few questions about boxes with port's in the middle like this.....when you figure tuning and port width, and let's say that in order to get the correct tuning, the port needs to be 20" long, does that mean that each chamber should have a length of 20"...or should each chamber have a length of 10", to add up to the total of 20"?......also, when you're figuring the tuning, does the port width stay the same throughout the enclosure, or is the middle port width, double the width of each chamber?.....i hope you understand what i'm trying to say...lol

nice job man....i've got a few questions about boxes with port's in the middle like this.....when you figure tuning and port width, and let's say that in order to get the correct tuning, the port needs to be 20" long, does that mean that each chamber should have a length of 20"...or should each chamber have a length of 10", to add up to the total of 20"?......also, when you're figuring the tuning, does the port width stay the same throughout the enclosure, or is the middle port width, double the width of each chamber?.....i hope you understand what i'm trying to say...lol
I know what your saying.

I just halfed the port area to each side, then it adds up in the middle. length stays they same. If the port was 3" wide all around then it would need to be longer. hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supermaxx123

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supermaxx123
I.E.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date