emailing alpine for software update req

Participant count
  • Participant list

vactor
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ATX
i have a 9835 from alpine and have a software upgrade suggestion for them since it seems that the internal software can be updated by them. i think it would be fantastic if one could use the headunit to power a 3 way system with the fronts being a set of separates with a passive crossover (pretty universal ...) and the rear outputs could be used to power some smaller subs ... this would of course require that the front outputs be can be setto high pass at say 70 Hz (which they can in a 2 way system) but also that the REAR speaker outputs play a LOW pass output from the rear outputs (which is currently not possible). seems that this could Eadily be done with a few lines of code ... anyway, alpine seems to have a TERRIBLE method of allowing customers to send them feedback (basically they want you to contact a dealer, who will want to sell you more stuff or simply not contact alpine). anyway, if anyone has a way that i could email an alpine tech that would be fantastic!!

by the way how do you like the 9835..? I just ordered one in and am holding my breath because I sold my LOVED 7949 and am saying a prayer I will like the 9835...

yeah, the 9835 is excellent. i do wish that it also had higher voltage and balanced pre outs, but altogether, i think it is an excellent ehadunit. now if i can just get the crossover to work to my needs i would really be raving about it!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.