Electrical Upgrades / AB PH4000MD

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr_naler

I recently purchased an American Bass PH4000MD. A couple of things I am curious about. A: The instruction manual says it only accepts up to 2ga wire, will this be an issue if my run of 2ga is less than a foot from a distribution block with 1/0 coming in to it? B: this thing is tiny! Does it actually put out ~2000w?

The second part to my question is about what electrical upgrades I will need for running that amplifier with (2) Rockford Fosgate P400.4. I know I will need a new alternator, big 3, and battery. How big of an alternator, and what type of battery will be best?

2800+- 200 i would do a good agm under the hood, 2 group 31 100ahr batt in the back. 4 runs of 1/0 2 pos 2 neg. Then a 200+amp ho alt from singer and bang that bish.

That amp pits out around 18-1900w at 1ohm from my last clamp test. I ran mine witha 100amp alt 4gauge wiring a group 31 batt in the back and a group 27 under the hood and barely had any voltage drop.

2 gauge will not fit just a heads up

its a good amp though

I can't seem to find a stinger alternator for my car. What other brands are good quality? Also, does anyone care to recommend a particular battery? I'm not very familiar with them.

I can't seem to find a stinger alternator for my car. What other brands are good quality? Also, does anyone care to recommend a particular battery? I'm not very familiar with them.
What car. ? I'm a singer rep. I can help

I had that amp in an intrepid just had a big 3 and a optima under the hood, to the back I had a run of 1/0 into a reducer to 4 gauge, voltage full tilt would go down to about 13.2-13.5 then again every vehicle is different

1998 Mercury Sable GS. I'm gonna need some new wire from you too I reckon.
Im not gonna say an alt is a bad idea as it never is but you could live without it with that amp. And typical 1/0 to 4gauge reducers wont fit the terminals since they are really close together

I'm gonna be running a couple other amplifiers as well though. At least another 400w 4 channel. And I want my electrical in order if I decide to upgrade in the future. My alternator now is 130a, but my battery *****. Are XS power batteries a good choice?

I'm gonna be running a couple other amplifiers as well though. At least another 400w 4 channel. And I want my electrical in order if I decide to upgrade in the future. My alternator now is 130a, but my battery *****. Are XS power batteries a good choice?
Xs is a very good choice but pricey. Sears diehard platinums are sometimes cheaper and are replaced easier since they are more local.

bassproshops carries deka batts with basspro stickers

as long as its an agm it should be decent. Stay away from wet cells they are dangerous inside of cars and usually are weaker than the agm type

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.