electrical upgrade needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
if i go with an amp thats 1500 watts rms will i need to make any major electrical system upgrades to my car? will i need an HO altenator? also has anyone tried the hifonics titan series amps? are they decent?

a nice up front battery and the big 2 or big 3 will do ya good.. you don't NEED to do the alt since you aren't upgrading it.. it will help some though.. your grounds will do you the most good

the titan series of amps are good for the money. Definitely not the best out there, but definitely not garbage either, i've used many of them for budget installs.

As for needing to upgrade electrical, you wont need a HO alternator assuming you dont have a tiny stock one. However, if you dont get a larger alty, i highly reccomend at least doing the big 3 mod and getting a decent battery.

can you inform me on the big three? i know its extra wire runs but im not sure where ive never done it

no i dont.. i asume its low though its in a saturn ion. i would probably say low 100's? maybe 130.. the amp i have now is about 900 rms and i wasnt sure if i had to upgrade the alt since its a decent wattage jump

Low would be around 60, like you find in most jap cars. Your probably looking at 80-100, but thats just a guess. Do the big 3, and get a better battery, like an Optima, Stinger/Odyssey or Kinetik and if you have dimming issues then you might have to upgrade your alt.

yea i actually have some dimming as it is.. does the big three help that at all without moving to a bigger alt?

yea so i guess ill find out.... i should check my amps output but i dont have an ammeter. do you have a better battery? how are the optima redtops? i was thinking of going with one of those

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.