Electrical Support

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok i have been doing some reconstruction on my setup. I have changed wiring and ran multiple runs of 1/0 power wire front to back for pos & ground. After doing more reading up on the Mojo 4k that i purchased, im just wondering if my electrical will be good enough to support it. i have not had a chance to get everything installed yet because i dont have sawzal yet to were i can run all the wire runs.

This is what i my setup consist of:

1 Hdc3 18 d2

~Memphis Mojo 4kw(wired to 1 ohm)

~4 total runs of 1/0 wire(2 POS & 2 GRNDS)

~4 Deka Group 31s 105ah each in hatch + Duralast Gold(about 50ah or something like that) under hood

~220a Alt

450ah seems solid for 4k, but I wouldn't run 4k on a single HDC3 unless it's just for burps.
lol i know. im going to recone it at tax time. for now im only going to set it at probly 2500rms with dmm or maybe 3k for some TL test burps or something. the hdc3 would hate me if i put all 4k to it

Im thinking that alt,may be working its *** off..220a...Thats alot of power to keep up with, and 5 total batts..I always figured any thing over 3k should be 255-300 amp alt?LOL, you just ansewred my next question..Never mind

Im thinking that alt,may be working its *** off..220a...Thats alot of power to keep up with, and 5 total batts..I always figured any thing over 3k should be 255-300 amp alt?LOL, you just ansewred my next question..Never mind
well its "rated" 220a, but it does around 248 @ 2krpms when i had it tested. i know its not huge so im figuring the 4 dekas will hold their own on some of the power

It may be rated at 250A at 2kRPM, but remember you have a car to run, as well as (maybe?) a 4 channel amp. You're not going to be generating more power than you are consuming at full amp draw in your system, but you have a good amount of reserve. Just know that you won't be in the 14V range when you're really pushing it. But this is definitely a good start.

Me personally, I will always spend more money on as much alternator power as I can afford, rather than batteries.

It may be rated at 250A at 2kRPM, but remember you have a car to run, as well as (maybe?) a 4 channel amp. You're not going to be generating more power than you are consuming at full amp draw in your system, but you have a good amount of reserve. Just know that you won't be in the 14V range when you're really pushing it. But this is definitely a good start.
Me personally, I will always spend more money on as much alternator power as I can afford, rather than batteries.
True.... I dont run a 4-channel amp to my mids and highs they run off stock

Bro, you're running 4kRMS to subs and HU to highs/mids?? Step yo game up! But seriously, even on stock speakers, a highs amp makes a world of difference.

Considering on music, you wont be drawing even close to the max amperage, and you have plenty of battery for burping, and being that your setting your gains down anyways, you should be more than fine.

I never believed in that whole alt being too small to charge multiple batteries I have 6 batts off a 180 amp alt and it never "works too hard" all ways charges good jumps back up to 14.4 after putting a load on it they say an alternator doesnt really charge Ur batts any ways it serves some other type of purpose but Ur electrical is for sure decent I was going to say 3 group 31's and Ur set I had a saz 4500 off 2 group 31's and only stopped to 12.4 which wasn't bad for only 2 batts

I never believed in that whole alt being too small to charge multiple batteries I have 6 batts off a 180 amp alt and it never "works too hard" all ways charges good jumps back up to 14.4 after putting a load on it they say an alternator doesnt really charge Ur batts any ways it serves some other type of purpose but Ur electrical is for sure decent I was going to say 3 group 31's and Ur set I had a saz 4500 off 2 group 31's and only stopped to 12.4 which wasn't bad for only 2 batts
Just because you are seeing 14.4V doesn't mean your batteries are charged. And who told you an alternator doesn't charge batteries? Do batteries have the magic smoke in them too????? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif I'm gonna be upset if I have been thinking they didn't all this time and I actually need to recharge them.....

Bro, you're running 4kRMS to subs and HU to highs/mids?? Step yo game up! But seriously, even on stock speakers, a highs amp makes a world of difference.
*** that for my daily listenin my hu does me fine. I dont go over 1/2 gain driving. 90% of time im only at 1/4 driving around town. At comps highs dont matter to me

*** that for my daily listenin my hu does me fine. I dont go over 1/2 gain driving. 90% of time im only at 1/4 driving around town. At comps highs dont matter to me
Well hey, if you're happy with it, that's all that really matters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.