Music cuts out at high volume bass notes

Participant count
  • Participant list

dstreng

I have an 07 Mustang GT with the stock alternator. A kicker zx700.5 (kicker rated at 953) running 4 kicker ks68's and a CVR 12". Ive had it for about a month and yesterday the music started cutting out when i turned the volume up and a bass note hit. The music would start again when it was vocal notes only, then cut out again on bass notes. If i turn the volume down, then it plays normally. Im wondering if the culprit is too much power being drawn for the alternator to handle or possibly a blown voice coil or bad ground wire? Any suggestions or ideas wold be greatly appreciated

I have 4 guage wiring

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a jl 500/1 and I had the same problem. When the voltage gets below a certain amount to the amp they'll shut off. I had cheap wiring with that problem, upgraded to stinger pro 4 gauge . Fixed the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.