electrical probs

probmxstyle
10+ year member

The Well Dressed OG
MD
I was participating in a stereo comp at a local car show this morning when my head unit cut off. It had done this befor and I know that i was supposed to run a power wire right to the battery. I had the power wire hooked up to a brown wire with a white line and the ign wire hooked up to a yellow wire with a green line. (Now that i torn some things apart i found that they are related to the air bag)After it cut off and wouldent come back on I noticed that my air bag light was on and with the car off the seat belt would not retract. Only with the car running would it retract or move at all. i checked all my fuses and they are all ok. Do you think i could have blow a fusable link or something? i am not getting any power out of either the yellow or the brown wire. Ohh and also my clock doenst work either.

you messed with the wrong wires.

IIRC air bags have a connector that shuts stuff off if you are in an accident.

1 thing not to fool with are things related to the airbag

you messed with the wrong wires.IIRC air bags have a connector that shuts stuff off if you are in an accident.

1 thing not to fool with are things related to the airbag
Any idea what this connector looks like or were it may be located? Could that cause the seatbelts to no retract when the car is off?

sell it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

there is a black market for them because they cost so much to replace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.