Electrical Problem??

Participant count
  • Participant list

*~G~*

I'm think I have an electrical problem in my set up. Whenever I turn the engine on in my truck there is a constant bass sound coming my sub. You can hear it pretty loud when the volume is turned all the way down and you can still hear it when the volume is up. I have a mtx amp hooked up to a jl 10w1. Anyone know what this could be? Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is the constant bass sound coming from your sub about 60hertz? How is your power/rca cables run? And do you hear the rpm's from the engine in your sub as well?

running your power cables next to your rcas will not induce noise, its an old car audio wives tale.

most likely you have a ground loop in your car if you have more than one amp and different grounding locations.

i think theres a tutorial on this site to troubleshoot noise, if not do a search there should be some good posts

I'm sure it's a wives tale considering that after i rerouted my rcas away from my power cable with no other adjustments, my problem with the humming noise was solved. I've heard that ground loop isolators reduce the noise, but also reduce the quality of the signal. So if you do that way might need a good eq as well.

I understand how you wouldn't argue with something that's not right. Anyway, ground loop isolators are just a coverup, but like makeup it can get the job done, but watch out if it gets washed off, might reveal multiple "cold" sores aka herpes.

lol im sure the topic of running power wires with rcas has been covered plenty of times, do a search. but basically, if the positive flow of electrons would cause enough interference into the audio signal in rcas(which it doesnt) then why wouldnt noise be induced from the negative flow of electrons in the car chasis?

The chasis of the car is not that great of a conductor, the negative electrons tend to "ground" through the insulation of the tires to the ultimate ground, the earth itself. However the large amount of amperage going through the power wire(depending on how many) flow through + paths eh? Then wouldn't they like getting into the flow of the signal voltage?

im not really sure what your saying lol but the negative electrons dont "ground to the earth through the tires...." tires are insulators first of all. next, your thinking about it too much, basic car electronics: all it is is a basic circuit where the positive voltage travels from pos battery post through the wire, into the amp/accessory and then the neg voltage travels from the wire back into the negative battery post. usually the neg voltage dravels from the amp, into the wire, through the chasis, and back to the neg bat post.

Why yes it is true that tires are insulators, the electrons do ground through them. Ever heard of a magnometer? It uses superconductive switches, which are two superconductive plates with an insulating strip between them, and you know how long it takes for the electrons to travel through the insulator? 2 trillionths of a second... Though that strip is much thinner than tires on a vehicle, the electrons still make their way through them.

So all the electrons on the vehicle chasis make their way back to the negative of the battery terminal?? I'm afraid that the negative on the battery terminal is connected to the chasis of the vehicle to allow the electrons to find their way to the ground of earth... If all the electrons kept getting stored on the negative post of the battery, wtf would happen when the alternator kept producing electricity? Wouldn't there become a point as to where there would be gazillions of electrons all gathered at the negative battery post and then what would happen? Less than a foot away is a great source of + energy, and opposite energies attract, so i'd assume that all those negatives would ass rape through the air and though the air is not that great of a conductor it would be like a f*ucking lightning bolt under your hood... Which would not be good, therefore the electrons are sent to the chasis to allow them to ground out to the earth, so that **** doesn't happen.

lol give me some of that crack your smokin

http://www.bcae1.com

read that before you do any more talking.

how about this then, do you know why your car can not be struck by lightening and why your safe from a storm in your car?

because the voltage is not able to travel back through the car to the ground, because your tires are INSULATORS and do not conduct electricity.

and electrons dont build up electricity at the battery posts...i dont even know what to say to that lol

and how about any simple electronic piece of equipment, like a portable cd or mp3 player that runs off batteries...same exact concept as your car battery and electronics. the electricity flows in a path from the pos to the neg, actually from neg to pos but thats a whole different story lol.

do some research, then come talk to me

cars can be struck by lightning, and everything is a conductor however insulators just don't conduct as well as others. Electrons don't build up at the battery posts because the neg is connected to the chasis of the car.

lol no, the neg bat post is connected to the chasis because the negative electrons move from the electronic equipment back to the neg battery post.

look, power goes from the alt to pos bat post, to electrical eqipment

then the neg goes from the accessory to the chasis and back to the neg battery post

and how about any simple electronic piece of equipment, like a portable cd or mp3 player that runs off batteries...same exact concept as your car battery and electronics. the electricity flows in a path from the pos to the neg

what dont you understand about that????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.