0 AWG runners enter.....

i think this all depends on the vehicle. my jeep had plenty of space under the panels to tuck it away with the other wires that run to the back.

depends on the car,depends on the installer. I took my seats out and carpet out for my install meaning i could put it wherever i wanted,if you are a "pull up the trim" guy it will be harder to jam it down there.

Anywhere, I squeezed 2 runs of 1/0 in the area under the snap pieces at the edge of the car. There was already 1/0 of other wires in there, so 3 runs of 1/0, it was a *****, but I made it work. Just be creative, wire can go anywhere, just don't run it outside of your car.

Anywhere, I squeezed 2 runs of 1/0 in the area under the snap pieces at the edge of the car. There was already 1/0 of other wires in there, so 3 runs of 1/0, it was a *****, but I made it work. Just be creative, wire can go anywhere, just don't run it outside of your car.
x2 jus be creative pull out the carpet do what u have to do to get the job done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif but dont wire it under the car ftl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the hardest part was pulling 18 feet of 0 gauge through a rubber grommet.. that **** was so tight it was like boning a 12 year old. i wouldnt know how its like boning a 12 year old, but you get the sexy picture. i lubed the entire run of 0 gauge with a little grease.. that **** was a mess but oh well it made it that much easier to slide through..

i think this all depends on the vehicle. my jeep had plenty of space under the panels to tuck it away with the other wires that run to the back.

Thats where I had my 4 awg originally ran and it fit like a champ...it just didn't seem like the 0 would run through...but then again I never tried....because I have a grand Cherokee too....

It was pretty easy in my car.

Runs through the firewall, behind the dash, down the passenger side A-pillar plastic cover, underneath the plastic covers between the carpet and the doorsills, behind the plastic b-pillar cover, behind the front seatbelt mechanicsm, the rest of the way back under the plastic doorsill cover, and then runs to the drivers' side under the rear seat, and up into the drivers side rear storage compartment, through the wheelwell cover, into the rear storage box where the factory cd-changer was, where i have the 2nd batt.

The only amp that's getting 0 gauge directly is my bxi2006d, and the wires come directly off the amp, and go through two holes in the door of the storage comparment where the 2nd battery was located, i love the way the 0 gauge looks... in moderation, so it's fine with me, that's the only place you can see it without opening the battery compartment, the hood, or taking the rear seats off.

Thats where I had my 4 awg originally ran and it fit like a champ...it just didn't seem like the 0 would run through...but then again I never tried....because I have a grand Cherokee too....
ya i ran mine on the passenger side. when you take the panels out and pull up the carpet a bit, there are those black plastic things with all the vehicles factory wires running though...i ran my 0 gauge right along with them. took a little while to feed it through, but made for a clean install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

just take your time, and always push the 0 gauge through your firewall rather than pulling it, it'll get snagged sometimes, and if you try and pull that stuff, it's stretch and get cut up.

Hardest part in a 98 Maxima was drilling a **** hole through the firewall....I couldnt find one big enough, so I had to make one. Hiding it was easy...I just took off all the side trip pieces and pulled the carpet off enough to slide the wire under the carpet...

Contrary to popular recommendation, mine IS run outside, and is tucked inside the frame rail. It is no more likely to be damaged than the brake lines its run with.

Contrary to popular recommendation, mine IS run outside, and is tucked inside the frame rail. It is no more likely to be damaged than the brake lines its run with.

I had mine like that for a while.

No problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.