Electrical problem. Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Erikg223

CarAudio.com Newbie
CT
so I'm new to the whole car audio and I have a couple questions. I have a 2007 wrangler with two 10 inch Rockford fosgate rzf subs and a 10 inch digital performance chuchero box. I have the subs on some cheap amp called precision power its a 5 channel and the chuchero box on Rockville rxa- f1 1600 watt 4 channel. I've been having the problem of all the light in the car dimming when im listing to music on the highest volume was wondering ways to trouble shoot it. all wiring under the hood is factory and also have a 4 gauge power and ground. thanks

You need to do a Big 3 upgrade with 1/0 wire and depending on what size your alternator is you will need to upgrade that and possibly the battery as well. If the alternator is ok then do the big 3 upgrade then do a 2nd battery in back with 1/0 wire running back to it.

In my vehicles, I run both a ground and power wire directly from the front battery to the amp or battery in the back. I do not use the frame as a ground. Make sure you connect the alternator case (ground wire) directly to your - battery post if you do the big 3, if you can, don't just do it on the motor somewhere random.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.