Electrical Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgplayer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just had to put a new alt and battery in my car, because someone tightened the alt wire too tight and grounded it out. The car sat in my driveway for about 1 month because the starter also went out. Okay the the mechanic that was putting the starter on tested my rear batt which is a kinetic hc600 and said it was only at 8 volts and when he tried to put it on a load he said it was bad. I have an audiopipe 1500d and 2 rd sonance 12's. I know i should have got an ho alt but didnt have the money so I had to get the factory 85 amp alt, btw I know thats really small its on an eclipse. I am needing to know if I could just buy a new back battery to get my little system back up and running. I dont have it hooked up for now because im afraid of frying another alt. Sorry for the wall of text. Btw the front battery is a cheap autocraft gold, I think its got around 720cca. Thanks for any help.

Cool thanks I only have one run of 1/0 goin from main batt to rear batt and 4ga goin from rear batt to amp. What size rear batt would u recommend.

I was wondering if I could just get a small agm everstart batt and it would work. I know everstart isn't great but would it work without having to worry about electrical problems in the near future.

I think 100ah would be good. Talk to dbeez on here, hes in KY and can get you a deka intimidator for 100+ shipping or if youre not too far you could meet him. those things are beastly. I run a stock batt and an intimidator off 80amp alt and I have pushed 2k daily with no issues. Also getting a trickle charger and running that every so often helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rgplayer

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
rgplayer
Oneida, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date