Electrical Fire: Now HU Not Turning On, But Car Charger Does Work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The accessories fuse is fine. Last night, smoke started coming out from the base of the steering wheel column and the whole cabin was filled with acrid smoke.

If it was a short circuit, could it have been because I disconnected the cables inside the sub box in the trunk? Because the subwoofer had stopped working first. What exactly is a short circuit anyway?

Thanks and Likes for please any answers...

The accessories fuse is fine. Last night, smoke started coming out from the base of the steering wheel column and the whole cabin was filled with acrid smoke.
If it was a short circuit, could it have been because I disconnected the cables inside the sub box in the trunk? Because the subwoofer had stopped working first. What exactly is a short circuit anyway?

Thanks and Likes for please any answers...
You need to open up your dash and find out what actually smoked. Could be important. And google short circuit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.