Electrical Books?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gckless
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Antonio
Can someone recommend me some good electrical books, either AC or DC, home or car, that they have found are good? I want to learn more about it. The more I learn here, the more I realize there's so much more to learn, if that makes sense. You get extra points if it's available on a Nook. Thanks!

I used this in college, went for automotive technologies. It covers in depth on AC/DC current, ohms law, watts law, capacitors, electro-magnets, a small chapter on car audio specifics, and a lot on automotive specifics (wiring diagrams, starters, alternators, batteries, etc).

Automotive Electricity and Electronics (3rd Edition): James D. Halderman: 9780135124062: Amazon.com: Books

First link i clicked probably can find one way cheaper. That's what i paid for mine at the college book store. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

If you are curious about anything else it covers i can look still got it, just haven't picked it up in a while so don't really remember what all is in it lol

I used this in college, went for automotive technologies. It covers in depth on AC/DC current, ohms law, watts law, capacitors, electro-magnets, a small chapter on car audio specifics, and a lot on automotive specifics (wiring diagrams, starters, alternators, batteries, etc).
Automotive Electricity and Electronics (3rd Edition): James D. Halderman: 9780135124062: Amazon.com: Books

First link i clicked probably can find one way cheaper. That's what i paid for mine at the college book store. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

If you are curious about anything else it covers i can look still got it, just haven't picked it up in a while so don't really remember what all is in it lol
Alright, thanks man. Really looking to get something on Nook, and this one's not available there. They have a couple for Nook study, but from what I have read about that I can't view those books on a Nook. That's stupid. But I may end up grabbing that one paperback anyway.

Thanks to all the suggestions so far, I'll check those out, and thanks to Keep_Hope_Alive as well, he hooked me up.

Just so everyone knows, Nook is an e-reader, I can buy books from Barnes & Noble to put on there, or anything in PDF that I can download I can put on there.

So I was able to find this book online for free:

Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems, Third Edition - Tom Denton

I was able to download it in PDF for free somewhere, not even torrented. It was written in 2004, but I'm still going to read through a few chapters. NEETS seems like good info, and the books that have been suggested seem good as well. I just can't afford to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of books right now, for a few reasons, so if I can't find it online or if it's not free material I have to make note of it and come back to it later, unfortunately.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.