Electrical advice for 4500 watts wrms

I was planning on doing a 300 amp hairpin alternator from excessive amperage and a xspower d3100 or d3400 under the hood
Sounds like a good start to me.. maybe add another d3100 or 2 and a couple runs each of quality power/ground cable.

Interesting
you need to be attentive. lol

adding batteries is a good thing but i prefer a big capbank personally. the new super caps are superior. like i said you keep the stock battery to keep the caps from fully discharging and for starting purposes while adding a high output alt and one farad per watt you are good to go...

Id do the biggest alt you can get a two capbanks preferably the new 3 volt, 3000 farad caps.

only battery id recommend is the limitless and you need around a 40 AH at the least and they 1100 far overpriced

Adding batts only gets you so far. I was adding batts and would still stay 12.5v full tilt,added like 5more batts and still stayed 12.5v full tilt. When I added extra alts is when my voltage became steady and hold 13+ all day.

Adding batts only gets you so far. I was adding batts and would still stay 12.5v full tilt,added like 5more batts and still stayed 12.5v full tilt. When I added extra alts is when my voltage became steady and hold 13+ all day.
thing is if the capbank can handle full load the alt acts like a "charger" instead of the power supply and you get very little voltage sag brofessor.

one cap bank will no doubt help but Id recommend a farad per watts of output!

on and while i'm editing this. att charged me 325 dollar service fee. WTF
Each cap bank is roughly 400F

So you recommend 11 banks for 4500w?

With a DECENT Alt...2,000 watts per bank....6 pack of the 2.7 3000 farad caps...so 500 farads per 2,000 watts...whoever says different has never used super caps....or doesn't know what their doing...but what do I know

three alternators and three batteries would 4 18s to hit a 158 is a bit Overkill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.