Electrical advice for 4500 watts wrms

On what? I want to get better electrical. I have too anyways if I'm going to run an 8k...
lets do the math money. 370 amps at 14.4 volts is good for 5328.

now no one can tell you how fast or the actual continuous discharge of your battery so i going to tell you from experience and get you CLOSE to a realistic number. you can typically get a discharge of 150 amps for 2 seconds before you dip past 11.8 volts(one volt loss) volts so now that you exceeded not only the current delay of the alternator and the output of your alternator has been exceed your now using the cells voltage and discharge capibilities and that is around 12.8 volts and 150amps so 12.8*150=1800 watts So you have in hte ball bark of 7000 watts of power supply with a loss of 3.5 volts.

can you explain this to me?
I have a little NOCO Genius charger I use for my batteries but I want to add a bank of caps.

I also have a 270 alt so would this be an issue?
Im not familiar with different chargers, but for caps so long as its a regulated voltage with a smart detector it should be fine and also the alt you have.

You never want to go past the caps max voltage or it could damage quickly.

Also you do not want to let them get too low or they can completely discharge and die completely.

Depending on the cap you purchase, it will take a certain setup. If you are trying to run an 8k you will may need a very large bank or another alternator to keep the voltage up.

Most caps are very sensitive to low voltage, im no cap expert but i do know the basics specially for maxwell caps. You may wanna search the forum or start a thread so someone with more knowledge can help you out.

dude don't waste your time man. seriously..
Lmao go ahead and answer it bruh, you a genius arent you?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Im not familiar with different chargers, but for caps so long as its a regulated voltage with a smart detector it should be fine and also the alt you have.

Also you do not want to let them get too low or they can completely discharge and die completely.

Depending on the cap you purchase, it will take a certain setup. If you are trying to run an 8k you will may need a very large bank or another alternator to keep the voltage up.

Most caps are very sensitive to low voltage, im no cap expert but i do know the basics specially for maxwell caps. You may wanna search the forum or start a thread so someone with more knowledge can help you out.

i just do electrical control systems for a living.

lets do the math money. 370 amps at 14.4 volts is good for 5328.now no one can tell you how fast or the actual continuous discharge of your battery so i going to tell you from experience and get you CLOSE to a realistic number. you can typically get a discharge of 150 amps for 2 seconds before you dip past 11.8 volts(one volt loss) volts so now that you exceeded not only the current delay of the alternator and the output of your alternator has been exceed your now using the cells voltage and discharge capibilities and that is around 12.8 volts and 150amps so 12.8*150=1800 watts So you have in hte ball bark of 7000 watts of power supply with a loss of 3.5 volts.
I have a 270 so I have more or less around 5700...

Wish I had a 370.

Are you opposed to adding a bank of caps or another battery?

Bank of Maxwell caps with boards are 240 from limitless. Figure thats a good deal especially new.

Depending on how cold it is, my batteries will read 15.3 until the alt warms up then it will drop into the 14.x's

Just at a bit of a dilemma because an upgrade in my electrical is what I want to do. Regardless if I put an 8k amp in or keep my current setup.

Ill have to read up a bit, don't want to waste my money because I don't have much to waste //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

I have a 270 so I have more or less around 5700...
Wish I had a 370.

Are you opposed to adding a bank of caps or another battery?
Batters are great f you don't mind the voltage drop.. using a large capbank will stabilize your voltage alot more. keep the stock battery and add 2 cap banks and you will never see below 14 volts..

remember caps discharge over time(leakage) so start your whip every few days..

Bank of Maxwell caps with boards are 240 from limitless. Figure thats a good deal especially new.
Depending on how cold it is, my batteries will read 15.3 until the alt warms up then it will drop into the 14.x's

Just at a bit of a dilemma because an upgrade in my electrical is what I want to do. Regardless if I put an 8k amp in or keep my current setup.

Ill have to read up a bit, don't want to waste my money because I don't have much to waste //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif
im adding a cap bank to my system in the next month or so. i just got a ******* ticket that's gonna cost me 300+ dollars. paid 450 for some carbonfiber cones and its xmas time so i'm gonna be saving my ends in case something else happens. lol

one cap bank will no doubt help but Id recommend a farad per watts of output!

on and while i'm editing this. att charged me 325 dollar service fee. WTF

Batters are great f you don't mind the voltage drop.. using a large capbank will stabilize your voltage alot more. keep the stock battery and add 2 cap banks and you will never see below 14 volts..remember caps discharge over time(leakage) so start your whip every few days..
I drive it every day so that won't be an issue.

I have the room to keep my current battery bank and two banks of caps (or more really).

I just don't want to have to turn my music down after every bass note that last longer than 5 seconds to let the caps charge. Rather just add another battery and add more reserve at that point.

im adding a cap bank to my system in the next month or so. i just got a ******* ticket that's gonna cost me 300+ dollars. paid 450 for some carbonfiber cones and its xmas time so i'm gonna be saving my ends in case something else happens. lol
one cap bank will no doubt help but Id recommend a farad per watts of output!

on and while i'm editing this. att charged me 325 dollar service fee. WTF
Stuff like that (tickets/fines) just ****. In VA I get slapped with stupid fines left and right.

I drive it every day so that won't be an issue.
I have the room to keep my current battery bank and two banks of caps (or more really).

I just don't want to have to turn my music down after every bass note that last longer than 5 seconds to let the caps charge. Rather just add another battery and add more reserve at that point.
it don't work like that.. you gonna be good..

You do understand caps require good charging voltage to keep the float voltage from dipping?Especially the price to also get a charger to charge while vehicle is off brings the price up..

But you knew that too huh?

Can you explain this to me. I am new here, and to a lot of this, but if you need to charge your vehicle when you are not driving it, aren't you doing something wrong? Isn't this what your alternator does?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.