Effective way to run wires if there is no access through the firewall?

Aurorav8
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fort Wayne
Picked up a new car and I'd like to put my equipment in it. But, I got to looking in the engine bay and there is no visible way to get the power wire from the engine bay to the trunk, I didn't see any possible way to get it through the firewall.

Any suggestions?

Car is a 2003 Nissan Sentra SE R

****... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I dont' want to run it under the car. I'll check again, I seen a rubber grommet in the firewall, but it's on the passenger side of the engine compartment, and the battery is on the driver side. It'll take ALOT of power wire to run it from the front to the passenger side of the engine and then to the trunk.

if you have to run it across the engine bay, then you have to run it across the engine bay...

or drill a hole
I believe there might be one near the driver side of the firewall. But it would require taking the front drivers side wheel off, and taking the wheel well piece off to get access to it.

yeah drill it through the drivers side, get a grommet, problem solved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Meh, I'll take the time and do it without drilling into the car. Won't take long to take the wheel off.

There's almost ALWAYS a grommet that already exists that is empty, that you can poke through... or at least a grommet that already is carrying wires, that you can poke through next to the existing wire run.

It's not uncommon to have to run across the firewall to get through... it is uncommon to actually HAVE to drill. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

^^^ X 2.

I THOUGHT I didn't have any place to run wires too. Then I realised there were a LOT. Jap and korean cars, you usually have to remove the tires, and you'll see a grommet that was virtually MADE to run audio power cables through.

So, you finally sold off the aurora? And got a Sentra? I was hoping you'd get like a corvette or a lexus SC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.