eDead v1 sound dampening/deadening install + pics.

I recently bought one of the eDead scrap sets, 25 sq ft of v.1 SE and v.1 for $25. Pretty good deal overall, as shipping on that much would've been pricey. I received 23 sheets of v.1 and 2 sheets of v.1 SE.

All that aside, a friend and i put in 2 layers on his drivers side door, and 2 in the drivers side passenger door. Here's some pictures.

Installed in a 2001 Subaru Forester with a stock stereo system (for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif )

1st Layer Driver Front

firstlayerfront1.jpg

1st Layer Driver-Side Passenger/B]

firstlayerpassenger1.jpg

2nd Layer (Finished) Driver Front

finishedfront.jpg

2nd Layer (Finished) Driver-Side Passenger

finishedpassenger1.jpg

The install took about... 3-4 hours for those two doors, we used 12 sheets of v.1 total. The bulk of the time is applying it in the little corners and crap of the door, and making sure you don't cover up any bolt holes etc., but let me tell you, its a HUGE pain in the ass getting a 2001 Forester door back on. It comes off pretty easily, but the driver door alone took us about an hour to get it back on.

If anyone was wondering at all whether it works... it DOES.

It works SO well, we've only done the drivers side half of the car so far, and when we drove to a party last night, it sounded like all the sound was coming out of the left side of the car. At first we thought the balance was off, as in maybe it was faded to the left. But it wasn't. It really makes things ALOT louder.

And it does smell pretty bad after its installed. I can tell you that much.

Completely worth it, eDead rocks.

Yeah, here let me post the rest of my results:

By the way, thought i would add: We completely finished the install.

On the left side of the car, we did not cover the large holes with eDead (as shown in my picture), on the right side of the car, however, we DID cover the holes, completely. (Didn't take pictures because we forgot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif )

Results: The left side is much louder than the right. We used the faders on his stock deck to fade sound to each of the speakers in order, front left, front right, rear left, rear right, to find out exactly how much sound we were getting out of them. We discovered that the left is MUCH louder (wihout the non-functional holes covered w/ eDead), but that the right side is much "better" sounding (holes covered). Its strange, i think the speakers were using the door to create more vibrations, which, makes sense i suppose.

Anyway, we're deadening my car next weekend.

I'm going to use 5 Gallons of SS Spectrum along with a double layer of eDead v1SE on everything. I think i'll also buy some SS Overkill and some SS Rattle Pad for firewalls and floorboards. Opinions?

I'm going to use 5 Gallons of SS Spectrum along with a double layer of eDead v1SE on everything. I think i'll also buy some SS Overkill and some SS Rattle Pad for firewalls and floorboards. Opinions?
Expensive...but if you got the money go for it.

liked the pictures also, keep em comin.

Thats the first time I have heard that it is expensive..
It is, but it works better than anything else I've ever used. 1 good layer and my QP's sond like they're 2-3X's thicker.

Plan on making anymore b-stock by accident for me in the near future?

PLEASE??? I'll buy 10 gallons. I'd buy whatever you had left if I wasn't broke right now.

How much did he order?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Jeez

$900

stuff better be made of gold...

to give you an idea, Without adding the cost of shipping, $900 would get you about 32 gallons of sprectrum v2.

thats enought to do 6 cars head to toe, extremly well.

Seems like a bit of overkill for 1 car...

ANT

5 Gallons of Spectrum-$479.00

18 sq ft. of Rattle Pad-$99.00

40 sq ft. of Overkill-$129.00

60 sq ft. of E-dead V1se-$90.00

Shipping-Roughly $150.00 for everything

Total-Roughly $950.00

Need i say more?

5 Gallons of Spectrum-$479.00
18 sq ft. of Rattle Pad-$99.00

40 sq ft. of Overkill-$129.00

60 sq ft. of E-dead V1se-$90.00

Shipping-Roughly $150.00 for everything

Total-Roughly $950.00

Need i say more?
More? Nah

unless of course you wouldl ike to give us a quote off of the specials page, where items are betwenn 40 and 70% off the retail prices you quoted us..

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.