dynamat in the door ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gltyrian
10+ year member

hey guys,

i started putting dynamat into the door yesterday (94 honda accord)... and i came across this question...

should i be puttin it into the plastic like trim panel that i rip off the door? or the actual metal part of the door? or both?

the metal part seems semi complicated besides the speaker area because it has a lotta contours, holes, and varying shapes/curves... and on top of that..theres also this big ole water shield plastic that is covers the metal / stuck w/ some sort of putty...

the trim panel seems pretty straightforward and easy...but doesnt seem right either?

thanks dudes and dudettes,

siao:eek:

put it on the metal door itself. take off that plastic film type cover and wash down your door. then apply the sound deadner working it into the contours as best as you can. if you want you can put the plastic film back on, but you really dont need to. if you have a bunch of sound deadner/room left over go ahdead and cover the back of the door panel (the panel you removed to get to the inside of the door). hope this helps!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.