good settings for alpine m500...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rapt0r
10+ year member

AZ
anyone have any suggestions for the settings i should use for my alpine m500 amp? i have 2 alpine type r 10"s (duel 2ohms) and i listen to rock/punk/metal. Anyone have some ideas for what i should use for time correction, and all those other settings? Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There are a total of 10 adjustment modes with the M500.

1. The input mode: obviously you figured it out or you probably wouldn't have any music.

2. The Low Pass Filter is a -24db filter, which attempts to clean up the bass between 30 - 200Hz. Mine is currently off because I heard no difference when using it. You can try turning it on and setting the frequency to the lowest point your subs will play. It may or may not have an effect.

3. Is the Subsonic filter, is more precise than the LPF and it works between 15 - 50Hz if I remember right. It works by trying to help you find that sweet spot for your subs. You can try turning it on and setting the frequency at various points but it may or may not have any effect.

4. Parametric EQ is only needed if your head unit lacks any EQ capabilities. My setting is off.

5. Bass Compensation: If your head unit lacks the SW control and you want to increase the bass turn it on. Mine is not needed and is off.

6. Time Correction: Leave the time correction off if your head unit already has time correction. If not the time correction will depend on the distance the subs are from your ears so I can't give you an exact number. Typically the farther the distance the higher the TC setting up-to a certain point. It's okay to change those settings while the amp is on so you can hear the difference your changes make.

7. Phase: Leave it off.

8. Amplifier ID: is on with a bass control unit, otherwise it's left off.

9. Safe mode: is set off.

10. Memory: settings can be stored in memory if need-be or you want to use multiple settings.

I hope this helps.

Originally posted by Rapt0r anyone have any suggestions for the settings i should use for my alpine m500 amp? i have 2 alpine type r 10"s (duel 2ohms) and i listen to rock/punk/metal. Anyone have some ideas for what i should use for time correction, and all those other settings? Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.