Dynamat alternatives? and sound deadening questions

EFD307

New York
I recently totaled my vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so its time for a new system, im still a poor college student but it have high standards when it comes to sound. I want to put some sound dampening in my 06 ford escape. Do I have to mat everything to be effective? If I just get a pair of doors done will it help or do i have to go all out and do everything? In my previous escape (same year) I didn't do any sound deadening and I didn't notice any rattling or vibration during normal use but with audio its hard to tell what your missing until you hear it. Having said all this dynamite is expensive! I watched some videos of guys using roofing material in their cars, I don't want to have to deal with adhesive sprays I think peal and stick will be me best bet. If you guys have recommendations, tips, advice, anything I'm open to suggestions.

I exclusively use stinger roadkill it works great and cheaper than Dynamat and second skin just don't let no one to talk you into using peel. And seal

I would caution against the use of dynamite for sound deadening. ;-)

But seriously, deadening the doors and possibly the trunk should be sufficient to make the system sound nice... unless you're running a lot of power. A few square feet per door should do fine for a moderate system and about that much for the trunk would be nice too.

I have Execution Audio 60 mil deadener and it comes in 2ft² sheets. Let me know if you need some.

I would caution against the use of dynamite for sound deadening. ;-)
But seriously, deadening the doors and possibly the trunk should be sufficient to make the system sound nice... unless you're running a lot of power. A few square feet per door should do fine for a moderate system and about that much for the trunk would be nice too.

I have Execution Audio 60 mil deadener and it comes in 2ft² sheets. Let me know if you need some.
whats your price for about 50 square feet? that should be enough for 4 doors and the lift gate right? im not putting out much power 45w on the doors and a single 12'' on 500W. i was thinking 10 on each door and the rest on the liftgate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.